Add users to project in blynk 2.0?

Just to be clear I am on the PLUS plan and use an Android phone

I have also read the documentation in case you ask, it could be that I may have missed something or do not fully understand the device sharing instructions.

https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk.console/devices/device-sharing

Or it could be that the instructions are for the PRO version and that the PLUS version is a different process. There seems to be some indication regarding this from the last comment

I invite my friend Neville to join as a USER. At the moment it is Pending. I want to give him one of my Geyser Controllers to install. I did try this late last year for my wife and it was a complete failure I eventually gave up. Now I am trying again…

He got an email to create a password, so we know that works. He then creates a password. I am not sure if he tried the Blynk Console (something I need to follow up on)

I also ask him to download the BLYNK IOT app from the Android Play Store. He is unable to login, he tried several times but no luck.

A further question, once we get this sorted out will he see the phone app as I see it below?

My understanding is as I am the owner I can share up to 10 users and I expect that they will see what I see but with limited rights as I define in Roles And Permissions.

At the moment I have the default setting (I do not recall changing them)

I am starting to warm to the Blynk 2.0 (if you may be wondering) and would like this to work.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to test this yourself, using a second e-mail address or your wife’s email again?

There is (or at least was) an issue with the default permissions for the “User” role which made it impossible for them to control a device.
I’m not sure if you are able to edit those permission in a Plus plan, if not then you may need to go for the Staff role.

Pete.

Will try again with her email. Would you suggest I delete her account and start the process again?
She did get a new phone as well. My feeling is I start from scratch…

Yes, 100%

Pete.

Error on the mobile screen means that password wasn’t created via “create password” link. So It’s better to repeat the invitation process.

I have once again followed the process

In a Staff roll the system works.

If I change her to a USER roll she can see nothing.

The problem is that I cannot change permissions unless I upgrade!!! I would like the default USER role permissions.

Would it be possible for the developers to fix the problem and make the USER role work in the PLUS plan? I am quite happy with the default settings.

Thanks, I will delete the account and ask him to start again

This has been going around in circles for some time now. Blynk don’t seem to be able to decide how that want this to work, so are leaving it a limbo state where it’s no use to anyone (except Pro plan users)…

Pete.

3 Likes

Oh lovely! It is rather disappointing that PLUS plan members are left behind…

Thanks for the assistance and feedback.

Les

3 Likes

I would have thought that the default roll would be a USER and not a STAFF role, just saying

it has been 229 days since first post, with No change at all.

1 Like

Please gentlemen of Blynk, not all of us can afford a pro plan and user permissions are very necessary, you could release a new plan that costs a little more than the plus plan but not as much as the pro plan with that function.
it’s a suggestion .

I have given up Blynk. Blynk 1.0 i loved. But Blynk 2.0 stopped all my projects. One day i have the time i will convert all my projects to Arduino Cloud.

So is there anything new in this? I want my wife to see the garage door and I don’t want her to see the other devices. Only one. PLUS plan. How can I set the View Own Devices and Control Own Devices permissions as described in the documentation ? Giving some user access to some specific device is such a basic thing :weary:!

@vzaoral Hello, ability edit Roles And Permissions available only in PRO plan

View divices in organization permission turn on by default for all users

In this case there are no options.

Perhaps for this one device, create an account on a free plan

Regards

The Blynk folks should update the PLUS plan description to say “1 user, 10 devices” instead of “10 users, 10 devices.” The 9 remaining users are useless in the PLUS plan, they cannot do anything. It’s sad that they’re charging $83 bucks PER MONTH for a PRO plan just so my wife can access my thermostat. I know the PLUS is out of the picture. They promise that nothing was not going to change when the implemented the new billing plans, well they removed the user sharing device features, but I am still paying $7 bucks for a degraded plan.

Agreed.

That’s not true.
If you transfer ownership of the device to your wife then she will be able to control it, and you (as account owner/developer) will also be able to control it.

Pete.

Pete: Yes, that does indeed work – thank you for highlighting that. From my perspective, the main issue with Blynk lies in its documentation. This seems to be a common problem with many electronic devices and projects nowadays: the documentation is often poorly written. Where is it mentioned to do that: transfer ownership?

There have been some changes to the defaults for the permissions over the past year or so, most of which weren’t explained fully at the time and none of which make any logical sense to me, but we are where we are.
If you look at the Permissions screen then you’ll see what users can do with organisational and owned devices, which is where you can work-out that for users to be able to do anything they need to own the device.

Pete.