A Mysteries about esp-01 (esp small shield) (Students Nightmare)

Hi There …

I am an IT … in my city a lot of student can’t using Arduino with Blynk
because when they using esp-01 or any esp small shield (not talking about NodeMCU or ESP32 or any device can work alone … i mean they small chip that have rx and tx connect to arduino…)

when they search on internet also me …we find the “AT Command” only no library
but there are type of project that used esp as main device
we want use esp as bridge between arduino and blynk

i didn’t find this solution from years

student force to go to NodMCU (esp-12e) were most old library for peripheral not work good
and only A0 one along in

i wish see an example to send string from arduino to Blynk and vise versa using esp-1 (small chip only have rx and tx)

What you’ve posted seems contradictory and confusing, so I’m not sure exactly what it it is that you are trying to achieve.

The ESP-01 can be used as a stand-alone device running Blynk, but it has a very limited number of GPIO pins that are broken-out onto the board, so it’s its uses are limited.

If you want to use the ESP-01 as a WiFi adapter for an Arduino board then the ESP-01 needs to be running the factory AT firmware. If a stand-alone sketch has been uploaded previously then this will have overwritten the AT firmware and it will need to be re-loaded using the ESPTOOL utility.

Using an ESO-01 with an Arduino Uno is messy, because the Uno only has one serial port. It’s much easier to use it with a Mega instead, as this has three hardware serial ports.

Personally, i really dislike the Arduino/ESP-01 combination, as it’s bulky, the Arduino has limited memory and processing speed, and you cant upload new software to the Arduino using OTA.

If you need multiple analogue ports then I’d use the ESP32 instead.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks For Replay…

yes i am using “ESP-01 as a WiFi adapter”

No Problem mega i will be used (i think you refere to usng Serial2 or Serial3 …
rather than softserial…)

i don’t think so…becouse we alrady work on Arduino Uno/Mega
from year 2012 so we have big library to work with Screen / Gps…
and very common in my city and around friends…working with them
we feel free rarther work in nodemcu we feel “narrow”

my goal is how to do this step by step
using blynk libarary

not using AT commands to Connect to Blynk

just select library
and load example and… go on

like we always did in esp-12e (nodemcu)

all post in internet ether used esp-1 as stand alone
or used to connect local server or others server with messy AT commands

i want like this ( blynk-wifi example using esp-12e)

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
char auth[] = "YourAuthToken";
char ssid[] = "YourNetworkName";
char pass[] = "YourPassword";

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

no AT Command inside code

@MohKirkuk please edit your post, using the pencil icon at the bottom, and add triple backticks at the beginning and end of your code, so that it displays correctly. Triple backticks look like this:
```

Also, if you are going to quote comments from previous posts then you need to do thus correctly, otherwise your comments make no sense as they have no context.
If you highlight the text in the earlier post that you wish to quote then there should be a “quote” pop-up appear. Click this and the text will be inserted into your post.

Once you’ve fixed these issues then I’ll respond to your comments.

Pete.

1 Like

Done…Thanks For information

The BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h handles the AT communication between the Arduino and ESP-01 in the background. You don’t see the AT commands, it simply works.

You need to look at the Sketch Builder examples here:

That’s the problem. The Arduino Uno/Mega is 10 year old technology. Are you still using a mobile phone from 10 years ago?
The ESP32 is programmed in the same way as the Uno/Mega, without all of the drawbacks and limitations. By sticking with what you know you are limiting your horizons.

Pete.

1 Like

a lot of thanks for help
just please don’t close this disscuse
let be wait for 3 days
i will read about it
and inv my friend to see this post
and maybe he was some points to add

thanks for your time

@MohKirkuk has not started yet another topic about his on-going issue here…

So I’m closing this one.

Pete.