Where to I find "ESP8266_Lib.h" library?

I am trying to use the example below to hook up an ESP-01 but cannot find the “ESP8266_Lib.h” library anywhere. I’ve tried renaming the ESP library I have and changing the name in the sketch with no success.

Below is the original code, and error message

Code:

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial    // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "YourAuthToken";

// Hardware Serial on Mega, Leonardo, Micro...
#define EspSerial Serial1

// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano...
//#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
//SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

// Your ESP8266 baud rate:
#define ESP8266_BAUD 9600

ESP8266 wifi(&EspSerial);

void setup()
{
  // Set console baud rate
  Serial.begin(9600);
  delay(10);
  // Set ESP8266 baud rate
  EspSerial.begin(ESP8266_BAUD);
  delay(10);

Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, "ssid", "pass");
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

Error Message:

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

ESP8266_Shield.ino:32:25: fatal error: ESP8266_Lib.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.

This is a guess on my part, but in the Arduino IDE go to Tools -> Board and make sure you have your ESP board selected and not Arduino Leonardo:

I am using a Leonardo with the Esp01 as a shield. Sorry for the lack of definition.

@arduinewb where did you get the base sketch from as I can’t see that header file in the sketches for hard and soft serial.

This library will appear in new library release.
For now, just use the latest release: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/latest

@Costas I got the base sketch from the https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library, but it appears I may have jumped the gun on the new release.

@vshymanskyy thank you for the reply. I will wait for the next release. Any idea when the new release will be available?

New release is here already! :wink:

I could not find ESP8266_Lib.h also in the new release…
Can you please advise ?

Thanks!

@mohir have you installed the FOUR required libraries as advised here?

Are you running an ESP as a WiFi shield for an Arduino or an ESP in standalone mode?

The sketch is for shield mode and then from the notes in the sketch you have to work out the Serial ports based on the particular Arduino you are using.

1 Like

Thank you so much,
Somehow i downloaded only the first library,
now all is fine :slight_smile:
Thank again

Hi
I installed four library but inBlynkEsp8266_lib error occur
#include <avr/pgmspase.h>

I want control arduino uno pins by esp01 and blynk

@arn this is a three year old topic, and you’ve not provided any useful formation about your hardware or software setup that would allow anyone to assist you with this.
Please start a new topic and explain in detail what your hardware and software setup is, what version of the Blynk libraries you are using, what Arduino IDE settings you are using, what code you are using and what error messages you are getting.

Pete.

1 Like