[Solved] RTSP Video Stream problem

Wow, is it showing ANR or Crash ?

Itā€™s showing the vlc supported toast as you mentioned but if I add a video stream widget and press play blynk Shuts down and I canā€™t get it as every time I open it its trying to stream. I have to Uninstalled and reinstalled the app so I can delete the video stream widget to stop it from crashing.

Ok, Iā€™ll check in crash reporter for updates on this issue.

Iā€™ve fixed that crash - you could check updated build by the same link.

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev looking very good here.

I was actually doing some video stuff with the Raspberry Pi today and the $3 USB camera now streams through Blynk having built mjpg_streamer on the Pi.

Pi USB Camera                          working over LAN
Big Bunny                              working over WAN
Alm........                            workng over WAN
Onvif1 HQ H264 stream                  working over LAN
Onvif2 LQ H264 without sound           working over LAN
Tenvis Style IP Camera                 working over LAN  

[ Tenvis style cameras, syntax http://user:pwd@IP:PORT/videostream.cgi or http://user:pwd@IP:PORTmedia/?action=stream ]

[ USB Pi Cam syntax http://IP:PORT?action=stream ]

Edit: playing everything I throw at it.

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev i wish I could say the same here. The crashing issue is fixed (awesome). Big bucks bunny now streams but none of my ip cameras do. I have a foscam c1, a cotier TV-532eH2/IP (is the one I really want you work through blynk) and a cotier super mini nvr. All of which I can stream in vlc using RTSP protocol but not yet in blynk :sob:

@GG07 have you tried Onvifer Android app to get full streams details for your camera?

@GG07 Not sure if you have a username and password for the Cotier but try this format:

rtsp://YOURUSERNAME:YOURPASSWORD@YOURIP/ch01.264

note there is no port number in the url

then try with :554 after YOURIP.

another IP I have seen for the Cotier is

rtsp://YOURIP:554/mpeg4

@BlynkAndroidDev @Costas

OK Iā€™ve had some success. As suggested by @Costas I downloaded onvifer and found the streaming url. This didnā€™t work. However the streaming urls that Costas suggested in previous message which are different from onvifer has worked. So big thanks to Costas.

Costas have you managed to stream your video via WAN? My video streams in LAN but not WAN. The ports have been opened in my router.

Another big thanks @BlynkAndroidDev for working on this.

1 Like

@GG07 I use a WISP that doesnā€™t really allow port forwarding so most of my tests have been LAN based.

However Big Bunny and Almā€¦ are WAN based and they are fine.

What was the syntax for your camera on the LAN?

True. I used rtsp://LAN_IP:554/ch01. Even though I have a static ip I might try it through a dyn account. Do you think itā€™ll make any difference?

Have you ever accessed your camera via the WAN?

Maybe do a quick test with 3G.

I have never found port forwarding to be that straightforward even when I was with a regular ISP.

I do have systems that get around port forwarding so I will check some of my cameras via the WAN in the next few days.

I second that! :slight_smile:

I have tried the VLC add-on (thank you @BlynkAndroidDev) and modifying the login command as per @Costas. And I now have my main front door cam (an old Foscam 8910W) working in Blynk :smiley:

Now if only I could control the pan & tilt in Blynkā€¦ hmmm

@Costas yes I do successfully stream my camera via WAN using other apps. Is there any chance @BlynkAndroidDev that blynk could be restricting WAN access for this widget?

I donā€™t think so. Iā€™ll add additional error logging and update that build, so you could send me log of what is happening on your device. Also could you add here video/audio params of your stream.

Build is updated by the same link. Mostly minor UI fixes.

@BlynkAndroidDev and @Costas - Ok finally great news. Not sure where the fix was (Blynk end or my end) but I have reduced firewall level in my modem and also reduced the video resolution and now I can stream via WAN. Thanks again to all involved. Will this fix be included in the next blynk update or should I hold of updating?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure about such large file of the app, maybe weā€™ll create some video plugin for the app - Iā€™m investigating how to implement such feature for our app.

1 Like

Blynk can do that for you too.
Jut hack the Foscam so you have access to the motors.

@BlynkAndroidDev @Costas @Gunner - after a day of blynking with the streaming widget Iā€™ve realised that I can only stream in via port 554 on WAN. This has restricted my projects by only allowing me one ip stream via WAN. :persevere: Usually I would stream in on a different port via WAN then directing it to port 554 on LAN. Any one else experiencing the same problem?