[Solved] RTSP Video Stream problem

@GG07 I think if a camera can only stream on a specific port theirs not much you can do.

Are you saying you want to be able to use several cameras, which can only use port 554, via the WAN?

You could get Blynk to turn each of the cameras on and off so you could view any one, but not multiples, via port 554.

Maybe @Lichtsignaal has a fix?

Itā€™s always possible to forward ports to different other ports. Even on the local lan you can work around this, but itā€™ll be very messy. You can translate virtual ipā€™s in to different other IPā€™s and so on, but Iā€™m shuddering al ready at the thought of how to make that work.

Iā€™m not really sure what the issue at hand is.

@GG07 what do you want to accomplish?

@Lichtsignaal - All I was trying to do is stream two ip cameras within Blynk via WAN. I donā€™t think itā€™s possible at the moment. LAN is fine you can as many as you want. From what I can see blynk will only stream inbound on port 554 on the WAN side then port 554 on the Lan. You should be able to stream in bound on what ever port you want (ensuring youā€™ve opened that port) from the WAN side as Long as you redirect the streaming path to what ever the port you have set in your ip cameraā€¦as default itā€™s usually 554 for rstp.

I guess another way to try is by using a VPN which doesnā€™t require any ports to be opened. I donā€™t have that capability here at the moment. :frowning2:

To be honest I would have thought that is unlikely.

All sortedā€¦simple solution only thought now and it worksā€¦as I have an nvr with all my ip cameras connected to Iā€™m now streaming the nvr on port 554 on the WAN side and now I have access to all my cameras within Blynk. Awesome. Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions.

@BlynkAndroidDev @Costas @Dmitriy @Lichtsignaal @Gunner - Iā€™ve been waiting along time for this. This is awesome.

1 Like

@GG07 does the nvr cycle through your cameras?

For reference Iā€™m pretty sure the ports are nothing to do with Blynk i.e. you make a direct connection to the url:port from your Smartphone.

If you look online there are many others that have asked about access to multiple cameras via the WAN. Personally I prefer separate tabs with different cameras on each.

Iā€™d like the ability to change the stream URL from the hardwareā€¦ then you could have a bunch of streams saved on your hardware and it could cycle through them via timer or on select

@jamin I was planning to use the Menu widget to send the selected url to the Terminal widget. From there I would copy and paste to the Video widget but it doesnā€™t look like you can cut from the Terminal widget.

Yeh Iā€™d also thought of something similarā€¦ just no easy way until they add a virtualWrite() to the widget

No it doesnt cycle through. As far as I can see thereā€™s some kind of restriction with blynk on the WAN side. You should be able to stream from WAN on any port you want then redirect it to the streaming port as per set in your device. I do with other apps no problems. But anyway I have worked around it and can access each camera on different tabs.

We had released new build, but it doesnā€™t contain VLC support. Iā€™ll update VLC build link later.

@BlynkAndroidDev any chance of a faster server than dropbox?

Where is this new release? Your dropbox link still shows a file from Jan 23 (which no longer works, nor installs, since latest Blynk update).

New link to vlc enabled build with several updates (so there would be no need in next update):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9c7bWQmIMfHOUJISHJVVnpzWEk

1 Like

Thanks @BlynkAndroidDev this vlc feature is much appreciated. :+1:

Thanksā€¦ all working again. However on my tablet, it needed to add Phone Status and Identity? I donā€™t even have a phone app on my tablet :confused:

Hmm, VLC lib is using something this permissions. I will check is it possible to disable them.

1 Like

Hello Costas I have a Tenvis (non pan version) but I cant get it to connect to blynk after using your syntax.