[Solved] RTSP Video Stream problem

@Fettkeewl try the bespoke app provided by Blynk. It seems to stream every source available becuase it uses VLC.

What is the make and model of your camera?

Thank you, I shall try it!

No clue its a generic one from China so to say :slight_smile:
Looks like this

@Fettkeewl try Blynk’s bespoke video app and the Onvifer app to see if that sheds any light on the syntax etc.

lol thats the same one I have! hahha @Costas THanks for the help, yes i didnt find the syntax at ispy, and i was trying Onfiver, it found it but I cant connect to it… so yea maybe its a fail. I am just trying to be able to stream through blynk and be able to access and watch from outside of the home… Will the TEnvis model that you have work that way? Ill just return n buy a new camera that I know for sure will work, SOrry for any confusion.

I am 99% certain my Tenvis would work across a WAN but I use a WISP so no port forwarding available.
My no name H264 works across a WAN via the suppliers app as I have tried this and it doesn’t require port forwarding.

Ok so your no name H264 (whats the model please) works via the suppliers app? does that mean we just use the syntax from suppliers app and we can watch it through blynk perfectly fine? sorry im a newb

Sorry I should have been clearer, the no name H264 can be viewed via a WAN with the suppliers app but not Blynk as it goes through a server provided by the supplier.

I can’t port forward but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be available through Blynk.

It’s like the Tenvis T8805 mentioned in this thread that is locked to the suppliers app. Slight difference with mine is that the manufacturer in China said only their app can access the camera and that’s not the case as Blynk is fine on a LAN as is VLC etc. I do have a convoluted way of circumnavigating the port forwarding requirement so I might check the WAN one day.

My older Tenvis isn’t locked down so as long as it’s port forwarded it should be ok. So in some ways you need to be looking for the older models but they don’t offer the picture quality of the newer models.

Oh ok Thanks for your help, but I guess the confusion Im havnig is regarding the terms LAN (local) and WAN (Wide), because if the camera is setup with LAN and blynk, doesn’t that mean I can still see the cameras from work, by logging into my blynk account?

The video stream doesn’t go via Blynk like the rest of the widgets. The stream is based on a url between your Smartphone and camera. If the url is accessible via the WAN then you will see the stream on your phone.

This normally requires port forwarding etc.

oohh ok that makes sense… thanks

@BlynkAndroidDev @Dmitriy @Costas - I’m just wondering if there’s been any suggestion to introduce a blynk add on downloadable from the app store to support the vlc plugin feature?

it’s impossible to make it as an addon as it need to much functionality and contains native c++ bindings. we are still on the research of how to support it.

by the way, I’ve updated the build by that google drive link with latest 2.9.0 features

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev ok no worries …thanks heaps for the update.

@BlynkAndroidDev do you have an update for 2.10.0?

new build would be after 2.10.1 release

Hi all,

We found a way to release this better video support, and new 2.12.0 release contains it. Please check this update on your devices.

1 Like

I made a connection with Onvifer for our cam using rtsp. However it would only work over tcp.

Using this link
rtsp://camIP:10554/tcp/av0_0

I’m struggling to get it working with blynk.
I’ve tried
rtsp://admin:password@camIP:10554/tcp/av0_0

But no success so far. I did manage to get the mjpeg stream working in the blynk app but I don’t want it since it’s at half the resolution of the rtsp stream.

Have you had any luck?

Works great on my Nexus 6… the one device of mine prone to the most issues with video and other graphics. No more patching required :+1:

Thanks!

@BlynkAndroidDev Awesome. All good here on my Samsung S7 Edge as well.
This is a great step forward for blynk.

Thanks again for getting this issue sorted.