[Solved] RTSP Video Stream problem

@12rlee what is the make and model?
What syntax do you use for LAN access including browsers and VLC etc?

OK, I must of misinterpreted your post on TEnvis working for LAN, and I realized too late, i jus have a wifi connection
 crap so I don’t know how to answer your question

for access to the camera I only downloaded the I Megacam app, I also downloaded the vlc package from this thread

What is the make and model and I will see if I can dig out the syntax.

Tenvis T8805 Smart, Thanks for the help

Anyone using Blynk local server for rtsp stream? I’m having issues getting an image

This is the rtsp adress I’ve dug out

rtsp://192.168.1.xx:10554/tcp/av0_0

I found that to pass on credentials I add it like this
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.43:10554/tcp/av0_0

However I only have the three balls jumping around loading image and no picture, the camera is up and running verified by another piece of software. Without the admin:password@ it wouldn’t connect at all now at least its loading 
 yay ^^

1 Like

@Fettkeewl are you using the bespoke version of the app for video streaming or the regular one? Link for bespoke version is a few posts up.

My normal source for Tenvis url syntax is Connect to Tenvis cameras and hundreds more models are at Connecting to IP Cameras

However when I look at the spec for your camera it states Android / iOS only and no general access. I believe that means access only via the suppliers app.

That said, the manufacturer of my H264 said it was only accessible via their app and that’s clearly wrong as I use it via laptop and Blynk etc.

You may have drawn a blank with this camera but I see it is marked as Onvif compatible.
It might be worth you installing the free app called Onvifer from Google Play. With this tool it interrogates all your cameras and provides detailed information on the ports being used and how to access it via VLC and a browser etc. You might get lucky but I think in your case the manufacturers claim that it needs their app is probably correct, unlike mine that doesn’t.

I’m on the regular one, is it not working in it there?
I also had a mjpeg stream tested on the same camera, didn’t work either 
 ^^

@Fettkeewl have you tried changing your streaming port from 10554 to 554. I found that one of the issues for me was that I could only stream via port 554. You’ll have to change it within the gui setting of the camera

@Fettkeewl try the bespoke app provided by Blynk. It seems to stream every source available becuase it uses VLC.

What is the make and model of your camera?

Thank you, I shall try it!

No clue its a generic one from China so to say :slight_smile:
Looks like this

@Fettkeewl try Blynk’s bespoke video app and the Onvifer app to see if that sheds any light on the syntax etc.

lol thats the same one I have! hahha @Costas THanks for the help, yes i didnt find the syntax at ispy, and i was trying Onfiver, it found it but I cant connect to it
 so yea maybe its a fail. I am just trying to be able to stream through blynk and be able to access and watch from outside of the home
 Will the TEnvis model that you have work that way? Ill just return n buy a new camera that I know for sure will work, SOrry for any confusion.

I am 99% certain my Tenvis would work across a WAN but I use a WISP so no port forwarding available.
My no name H264 works across a WAN via the suppliers app as I have tried this and it doesn’t require port forwarding.

Ok so your no name H264 (whats the model please) works via the suppliers app? does that mean we just use the syntax from suppliers app and we can watch it through blynk perfectly fine? sorry im a newb

Sorry I should have been clearer, the no name H264 can be viewed via a WAN with the suppliers app but not Blynk as it goes through a server provided by the supplier.

I can’t port forward but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be available through Blynk.

It’s like the Tenvis T8805 mentioned in this thread that is locked to the suppliers app. Slight difference with mine is that the manufacturer in China said only their app can access the camera and that’s not the case as Blynk is fine on a LAN as is VLC etc. I do have a convoluted way of circumnavigating the port forwarding requirement so I might check the WAN one day.

My older Tenvis isn’t locked down so as long as it’s port forwarded it should be ok. So in some ways you need to be looking for the older models but they don’t offer the picture quality of the newer models.

Oh ok Thanks for your help, but I guess the confusion Im havnig is regarding the terms LAN (local) and WAN (Wide), because if the camera is setup with LAN and blynk, doesn’t that mean I can still see the cameras from work, by logging into my blynk account?

The video stream doesn’t go via Blynk like the rest of the widgets. The stream is based on a url between your Smartphone and camera. If the url is accessible via the WAN then you will see the stream on your phone.

This normally requires port forwarding etc.

oohh ok that makes sense
 thanks