Xbee s68 WiFi module using Sparkfun Xbee shield for Arduino

Hello I am struggling to connect my Arduino Mega to Wifi.

The hardware I am trying to use is:
-Arduino Mega 2560
-Xbee s68 Wifi module with antenna
-Sparkfun Xbee Wifi shield

I want to connect to blynk over wifi using the Xbee module, but I only want to use the Xbee for Wifi. I need the large amount of I/O from the Mega. From what I understand, the Arduino shields for the Uno are compatible with the Mega.

The sparkfun shield has a slide switch to choose between uart and dline. The uart connects to the TX0 and RX0 of Arduino and the Dline when switched connects to Tx to pin 3 and Rx to pin 2 I believe.

I don’t have any unique code. I have been trying to use Wifi examples and Xbee.h examples. When I upload the code I get errors such as:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
the selected serial port avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
does not exist or your board is not connected
Error while setting serial port parameters: 9,600 N 8 1

I have made sure that I am connected to the correct serial port and that I have the right board (Arduino Mega 2560 ) selected.
Please help me get started with solving this connection. Thanks.

This is a Blynk forum for learning how to use Blynk, not troubleshoot Arduino, serial, WiFi, etc. hookup problems. Google your issue and once you can get it to work with basic code you can then simply transition over to Blynk.

1 Like