wifi:Set status to INIT

Hi all,

I am brand spanking new to all this, and it is entirely possible this has been answered in a place i have been unable to locate, if that is so, my apologies.

My issue, as it stands, is that i cannot seem to get my ESP32 to connect to my network.
I have spent the better part of 2 days now searching through every article i can find, and it appears i am doing things correctly, but all i ever get is the statement ‘wifi:set status to INIT’ and it doesn’t appear to connect.

What makes this more frustrating, is that in the early hours i was messing around with it and actually had it connected and showing up on my blynk dashboard. but now i cant replicate that feat.

What i am hoping for is any advice on where my code has gone wrong, or what other issues may lead to this problem that aren’t code related.

Again my apologies if this has been covered, point me in the right direction and ill delete the thread.

details below;

• Hardware model + communication type. ESP32-WROOM-32
• iPhone XR
• Blynk server

Code below is basically straight from the sample codes. all private info has been replaced with **

#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID "*******"
#define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME "*******"
#define BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN "*******"
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp32.h>
#include <DHT.h>

char auth[] = BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN;
char ssid[] = "*******";
char pass[] = "*******";

#define DHTPIN 21 
#define DHTTYPE DHT11  

DHT dht(DHTPIN, DHTTYPE);
BlynkTimer timer;

void sendSensor()
{
  float h = dht.readHumidity();
  float t = dht.readTemperature(); // or dht.readTemperature(true) for Fahrenheit

if (isnan(h) || isnan(t)) {
    Serial.println("Failed to read from DHT sensor!");
    return;
  }
  // You can send any value at any time.
  // Please don't send more that 10 values per second.
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, h);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V6, t);
}

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(115200);

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
  // You can also specify server:
  //Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, "blynk.cloud", 80);
  //Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, IPAddress(192,168,1,100), 8080);

dht.begin();

// Setup a function to be called every second
  timer.setInterval(1000L, sendSensor);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

I’d start by rebooting your rtouter.

Does the SSID that you are using in your sketch relate to a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?
The ESP32 can only connect to 2.5GHz.

If you’re using a dual band router which uses a single SSID for both bands then try turning-off 5GHZ support.

Also, what version of the ESP32 core are you using? (Tools > Board > Boards Manager > search for ESP32).

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply! I have just finished turning everything off and on again and it turns out i really should have started there. The gremlins are gone. Thank you for taking the time to help, i really appreciate it. In future, i won’t discount every IT guys first advice and hopefully save myself a lot of time!

1 Like

hi Pete,
Actually i am facing same problem as “AJPat” and my current version of esp 32 core is 2.0.8. So could please help me with this and i am connecting it with 2.4GHz band for information.

@vasudevKrishna id start by creating a new “need help…” topic and providing as much relevant information as possible, along with your sketch, serial monitor output etc.
Don’t forget to format both your sketch and serial output correctly using triple backticks, as explained when you create your new topic.

Pete.