Widget Display History Remembered

I’m trying to figure out how to absolutely prevent Blynk from showing any data history on a widget Value Display running under the latest Blynk 3.6.6 IOS mobile app. The virtual pin Datastream settings in the web console are:

Data type – string
Enable history data – OFF
Advanced settings: Everything here is OFF (Invalidate in X seconds, Sync with latest server, show in service charts, show in reports). Did try setting “Sync with latest server on re- connect” to ON and it made no difference.

No matter what I do – logout and into the IOS app or do a reboot of my ESP8266 data logger the widget display continues to display the last value recorded. Any ideas? Obviously, I can clear the widget display via ESP code but I’d prefer Blynk do that behind the scenes IF the disable history data feature is suppose to accomplish this? Thx.

PS - I’m on the Blynk Pro Plan…

This is the setting to use.
If the server hasn’t received new data from the device in x seconds then the old data will be replaced with whatever option you choose. I find that the “- -“ option is usually the most logical one,

This setting has a rather odd name. If set to on then the value of this datastream will be returned to the corresponding BLYNK_WRITE(Vpin) callback when Blynk.suncAll() is called.

Pete.

1 Like

Thx much Pete - will give it a try! I’m bummed a bit that Blynk documention is a bit lacking - end of rant!

Pete.

Thx - unless I missed it someplace else, doesn’t look as if the Enable Data History feature is documented (in the Datastream section) unless it was previously called Save Raw Data?

Save raw data had a different function.

Enable data history is a new setting, announced here…

Pete.