When can we expect library for Arduino and ESP8266 as WiFi shield

can you provide a steps for
1- how to check the current firmware?
2-how to upgrade it

i have 2 Arduino nano V3 , and One Arduino Nano Right Now and ESP-01 Pcs.
i don’t have USB serial programmer

thanks in advance

1 Like

Hey, this question is not related to Blynk itself…
Sorry I’m on my vacation now so can’t help right now.

sign out for now to enjoy :grinning:

1 Like

Hello maybe someone can share with me success log of communication of arduino and esp8266 with at commands

1 Like

how you managed to get the ESP-01 updates to firmware V 1.0 and AT command V22
as main has firmware V 0.95 and AT Command v21 and that why ESP8266 as Shield
not working for me . please let me know if you can help

1 Like

I think the latest and stable version has AT v25… please upgrade

hello @vhymanskyy,

you asked me to upgrade to AT v25 and that is in SDK 1.3
but the library you provide to communicate with ESP8266 is designed to work with AT v18 and AT v22
and i checked the documentation of the library and i see no update .
Are you sure it still compatible with AT v25 ??

library link you provided in the sample code.

hy i try your code and that is the rezult:
ATE0
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPSTART=“TCP”,“cloud.blynk.cc”,8442
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPCLOSE
It is good? i can`t connect whit app

1 Like

You should get a response of “Ready” when you successfully connect

1 Like

This is what I have too. I’m suspecting my Uno doesn’t deliver enough power, but I’m still waiting for my 3.3v power supply, so I can’t confirm it, but there are much people out here who had the same things. The ESP is a kind of power hungry lil’ device :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all, Check out the latest library release, it comes bundled with some required libraries for ESP8266 Shield and improved stability: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/latest

I’m getting a huge Java error opening zip file when I try to import this. Anyone else having that or am I just doing something dumb? lol

-edit

Got the source file now, it compiles and uploads, but no serial output, gonna try it later. I’m tired and I must be doing something wrong now, lol.

Heh. Thanks.

I tried to re-package it. Please try again…

The Blynk_v0.3.1.zip still gives an error, different one though, “File does not contain valid library files”, but the source.zip still works, but it doesn’t compile. It says the ESP_HardSer.h is missing.

When I manually add that from the Blynk_v0.3.1.zip file it does compile. however I don’t get any serial output when I upload it to my Mega. (wife will be off all day so I can tinker with it today, LOL).

-edit-

There is a bug in my code somewhere. The example loads and runs fine for now. Not sure what is wrong with my other code, but I made that by heart and haven’t been able to test it. It also addresses an LCD display and some other stuff so I need to get the power supply in order.

The package contains several libraries, I think you need to copy them manually to the libraries folder…

Yeah, I think that’s it. I figured that out now. It compiles and uploads and with the simple example it works fine, just not with my own code. Ah well, for now it seems it does work, just have to integrate my own stuff now.

1 Like

I hope it will become easier to use this hardware setup now :wink:

It doesn’t give any serial output. The ESP works fine. I have the #define for serial output, but nothing.

My own serial out using println works, but not the Blynk stuff.

-edit-

It also appears Blynk.connect() isnt returning anything. My program gets stuck on that in an infinite loop. If I remove the " while(blynk.connect())" it goes along fine.