What's the benefit of Blynk 2.0 over Arduino iot?

Hi all,

Not trying to be smart in any way (believe me I am far from smart).

I was just wondering what the benefit of using Blynk was, now that Arduino has it’s own cloud platform and is much cheaper?

For a complete idiot like me who does very little in this space I am confused with the differences.

In short
Widgets n flexibility on offer.

Just start to experiment with other platforms, and i am sure you will miss blynk for sure n get back here.

In short: Blynk can do everything Arduino Cloud can, but Arduino Cloud can’t do 99% of what Blynk does.

But yes, trying out both is the easiest way to choose.

3 Likes

Experimenting with the new ios app. Where did the dark theme go?

Hey there,

The app dark theme is not implemented yet.

1 Like

Thanks, is 2.0 a partial release?

Before the end of 2021 :thinking:

2 Likes

the dark theme is coming I’m not sure when but it’s a fact.
In my opinion, the reason why it’s not out yet because there’s priorities and the theme is not a high priority, be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes but the dark theme already exist

Maybe for the white label plan only.

1 Like

We are working hard on dark theme. There is also a major design update coming. Blynk apps will become much more beautiful.

5 Likes

I’m so excited now

I’m so excited too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I see it doesn’t take much to excite you guys. It takes more than a screen color to excite me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have to say that I agree!

Pete.

I started using BLYNK a few yeas ago and quickly discovered how easy it was to create the application /interface side of the project. Most other solutions do not make it easy to create and talk to the interface.

With Blynk you can quickly create a very powerful interface. I think that this is my number one reason for using BLYNK.

Any status on dark theme?

@bigMoose because most of the Blynk team are Ukrainians, living in the middle of a war zone at present, I’d guess that things like adding the dark theme to the app are pretty low on their list of priorities at the moment :thinking:

Pete.

3 Likes

Pete, I’d prefer to hear an update from the Product Team and not a guess from a forum moderator.

Thanks , Mike
(Plus plan subscriber)

No problem Mike, just don’t spam the forum with duplicate topics please.

Pete.