What is the Best Router(config - hardware - bandwidth , ...) for 50 nodes and good performance

imagine we have a local blynk Network with 50 nodes and we want to access to nodes and server from out (use a ip) and some phone to search and download from internet .
so what is the Problem? ----> The Problem is which Router and Config is best choice for good performance?

The purple one, configured that way.

But seriously, that is a subjective question. There are hundreds (thousands?) of good and not so good routers out there… not to mention how to configure them. Even with suggestions of other personal preferences, you are on your own to determine what works best for you and your environment.

PS, not Blynk related

3 Likes

It doesn’t really matter. The Blynk footprint is very light. Almost any router will perform pretty good.

2 Likes

@Lichtsignaal as far as I know not all routers can handle 50 connections. Even traffic is low. Am I wrong?

2 Likes

Some routers can only accept 32 connections but I have never found one with such a low limit, most accept 250.

To be sure, if I needed 50 connections I wouldn’t buy a “residential” style router. Look for commercial grade like Buffalo products.

2 Likes

@s.d.engineering
the best router with high performance Wi-Fi throughput for 50 up to 100 nodes is MikroTik BaseBox2
if your nodes has mixed with cable connected and Wi-Fi using MikroTik RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN

1 Like

50 connections is a really low limit. As @Costas indicates, most accept way more. Any decent router these days should be able to handle 250+ TCP connections with ease.

The MikroTik routers are really good, performance wise, but they are a pain in the ass to configure because they are based on enterprise networking. So you would have to configure everything by hand.