Web dashbord and app not coming up online

yeah, i only have the usb cord attach, changed the timer but i am still getting same error from my serial monitor here is the changes i made with the code bellow

timer.setInterval(2000L, DHT11sensor);

and here is still the error from my serial monitor

Failed to read from DHT sensor!

Thanks pete

Well, to be able to read the DHT sensor you’re going to have to re-attach it to the board aren’t you?

Does your temperature really vary significantly over a period of two seconds?

Pete.

yeah, thanks so much.

@PeteKnight i am thinking of making an improvement on this in such a way that the sensor can read and give about 85% accuracy on weather forecast, do you think it is possible?

I’m not sure what you mean by this.
Reporting the current conditions (which is what your system aims to do) is very different from forecasting what the weather will be doing at some point in the future.

Any data based on the DHT11 sensor is going to be fairly inaccurate, as the values for temperature are +/- 2 % (4) overall) and humidity are +/- 5% (10% overall). A great deal also depends on how you house the sensors that you’re using, as temperature readings should be taken in the shade and humidity sensors need to be protected from direct rain and condensation whilst still being able to measure the moisture content of the air.

I originally used a BME280 sensor for my weather station, but eventually switched to an SHT30 waterproof sensor like this…

in a suitable housing, like the one here…

Pete.

I mean I would like to create a single system that will house weather forecast and at the same time be able to water my plant.

Forecasting what the weather will be in the future is an extremely complex science. How do you plan to do this?

Pete.

I was thinking by adding FC37 rain sensor and BMP180 Barometric pressure sensor to the system it is going to give me a system that could forecast the weather conditions and also serve irrigation purpose at the same time. Or what do you think? cause I am thinking of making some modifications to my first project and I think adding a weather forecast to it will be a great thing.

The FC37 will tell you if it’s currently raining (or if it has previously been raining and drops of water are still present on the sensor).
These sensors don’t tend to last very long though, when the water dries on the sensor it oxidises the surface and over time makes it less sensitive until eventually they stop working.

The BMP180 is okay for sensing pressure, provided you protect it from rain.

But, none of this will help you to forecast what the wet here is going to do. Atmospheric pressure trends may allow you to guess if the weather is going to improve or deteriorate but that approach is very unreliable.

A far better approach would be to use a free service like the OpenWeatherMap API to obtain a professional forecast for your area covering the next5 days in 3 hour segments.

Pete.

I would like to create my own forecast together with the watering system. Or do you think i should create a separate system then merge both together?.

I still have no idea how you intend to forecast what the weather is going to be like in the future, based on just temperature, humidity, pressure and whether it has recently rained.

When people want to automate a watering system it’s usually based on the current moisture content of the soil and data about expected rainfall in future. Forecasting this rainfall is outside of your ability in my opinion, hence my suggestions.
If you feel otherwise then by all means take a different approach.

Pete.

okay, so in your suggestion now you want me to create a weather forecast station separately and a watering system separately?

and again less i forget my watering system is always asking me to upload my sketch every time there is a power outage and i put it on back, do you think that is normal

There’s nothing stopping you from doing both in a single device.

No, not normal. When you say “asking me to upload my sketch” what exactly does that mean?

Pete.

I mean it went off, then i switch it back on but then the interface(both web dashboard and mobile app) is showing offline.

okay, since i can create both on a single device and i already have a working watering system what are the hardware component i need to buy more to complete it please?

What does the serial monitor show?

None, just add-in the code to make an API call that will give you a forecast for your area. There are a few examples of how to do that on the forum.

Pete.

okay, you mean API of the openweathermap?

Yes.

Pete.