Water Tank Level Indicator with Low Level Warning Notifications

thank you, it looks like I was successful for the trial.

1 Like

Hi
A very nice project. We have a tank about 100m from the cottage. Unfortunately itā€™s through forested area so a straight run with an ESP probably wonā€™t work. I initially tried with an NRF24101. That worked only in spring when there wasnā€™t much foilage. Did manage to get a working system with a Ra-02. Works great. Iā€™m hoping to make a gateway on the receiver end and incorporate your project to send data to my cell phone. That would be great. BUT Iā€™m having a bit of problem with the code. First of Iā€™m using a ESP8266 12-E NodeMCU which might be the problem.
The code works and sends to the Blynk. But the Vertical widget always shows full (Green). I know itā€™s working because if I pull the voltage wire off the sensor it goes to zero (dark), so itā€™s got to be the ultrasonic program thatā€™s the problem. Iā€™ve tried different the code inputting different boards (Generic ESP8266) and NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP 12 - Module) with same result. Have the virtual pin set to V12ā€¦ So Iā€™m thinking the program might have been desigined with another board in mindā€¦
any suggestions?
Thanks
Jeff

Hi Jeff, did you test the sensor before installing it I to the water tank to ensure its measuring correctly and also if I remember correctly if you use v12 on a labeled widget you should get a distance measurementā€¦ Have you tried this?

Regards

G.

Hi G:
Got it working now using a gauge widget. Iā€™ll try and get it working with a chart like yours to monitor water usage. One thing Iā€™ve been looking for but not able to find is an alarm to signal a sudden drop of water - say a broken line. What Iā€™m trying to find or create is an ā€œifā€ statement that states that if there is a drop at any time (or depth) of 6" in two hours or less than trigger the relay. It sounds simple, but itā€™s a bit more complicated because of having to be a change of depth over time. It couldnā€™t be just from the initial depth of the tank (say full), but at any depth because the tank could be down because of normal usage. Any thoughts?
Bundolo

Thatā€™s good to hearā€¦yeah that sound if statement sounds simple and probably is for some however itā€™s a head scratcher for me thatā€™s for sure. Good luck with it.
G.

Hye Pete !
I was using your code but thier is one thing missing whixh i Badly needed that controlling of relay for certain level and you had not mention the code for this kindly help !
Thanks

Which code is that?

Pete.

I was trying tu use this project "Water level Indications with low level warning notifications " But here i need a active low relay code to control my water pump. Kindly mention the code for relay and where i have to place the code. Kindly Briefly explain. Much appreciated
Thanks!

Itā€™s not my code.

Pete.

Okay.But can you help me ? I need it badly for my project Thanks

The first thing you need to work out is what type of relay you are using - active HIGH or active LOW.

Then you need to decide what your criteria for activating the relay are - does it need to activate when the water drops to a certain level, or rises to a certain level?

Can this this trigger level be hard-coded into the sketch, or does it need to be adjusted via the app?

What are the criteria for de-activating the relay? Is this when the water reaches a high/low reading, or time-based, or both?
Do these parameter need to be hard-coded or adjustable via the app?

Pete.

I am using a active low relay and need to activate when the water drops at csrtain level. And want to adjust the triheer level via app and deactivated when water reaches at cdrtain level and needs to adjust via app

And how good are your coding skills?

Pete.

1 Like

Begineer Actually i am just copying the code do some alterations if needed nmot more than that but for the pump controlling using relay i need the code to place in pervious code kindly write a code. Please I need it .Much appreciation from another globe side.

Iā€™m not going to write your code for you, I have other things to do with my time.

If your coding skills were better then Iā€™d give you some pointers about how to configure and control the relay and set-up the variables and widgets to give you the parameter inputs and how to do the comparisons of readings against these parameters. But, I donā€™t think that would really help.

Pete.

2 Likes

Iā€™m building a water storage system, I really like this idea. Iā€™m in the US on the west coast. Where can I go to learn how to change this code to read inches and gallons. I have been google ing, with no real results except the inch distance = duration/148; ā€¦ this should be the calculation for inches. Iā€™m sure there is more, Iā€™m wanting to learn.

1 litre = 0.264172 US gallon
1 centimetre = 0.393701 inches

The simplest way is probably to change these two lines:

to:

Blynk.virtualWrite(V12, smoothDistance*0.393701); // Distance in inches not centimetres
Blynk.virtualWrite(V4, volume1*0.264172); // Volume in US gallons not litres

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Knight. I will give it a go. Still waiting for some of the hardware to show up. Regards Grumpy.

Hi,
I trying multiple code, your code seems impressive . My Tank is rectangle how do i calculate the volume. I tried diff formula not sure its occurate. Can you help me with it.