Vpins > 128

I’ve looked and have not found anything recent on this.

When I use Webhooks to send to Blynk Datastreams, I am good up to V127 and no higher. I use IFTTT with Google Assistant, wanted to send from IFTTT to my Virtual Pin 140 unsuccessfully. I tried V140 and 140. Sending to V70 works, though.

I currently use Virtual Pins as high as 135 (as 135, not V135), use them in BLYNK_WRITE and BLYNK_WRITE_DEFAULT with great success. I imagine I can go as high as 255. True?

Did I miss something? It Would Be Nice if we could use ALL the VPINs when sending into Blynk Datastreams.

Thanks.

@Dmitriy looks like a server-side question

Do you have a datastream created for v140 in your template?

Yes, I did have the datastream at V140. I will do more experimentation next week on this V140 issue when I return from travels this week.

I have had good results and have learned much about using IFTTT to send Datasteam info to Blynk and to take HTTP commands from Blynk. IFTTT is useful for debugging remote devices, monitoring long-term behavior of all devices, and working with Google Assistant voice commands.

Thank you for working on this. I’ll be back in a few days.

It should just work then. If it doesn’t you should see some kind of error. Please report it here when you see it

Hi @Dmitriy
Thank you for spending time on this matter.

I have just tested IFTTT-to-Blynk HTTP update GET requests using V70, V171, and 171.
V70 works. The two others do not.

My receiving code looks like this

#define IFTTT_COMMAND_VPIN V70
BLYNK_WRITE ( IFTTT_COMMAND_VPIN ) { ... }

My IFTTT HTTP Call looks like this
https://ny3.blynk.cloud/external/api/update?token=xxxBlynkTokenxxx&V70=<<<1>>>

When I substitute V171 for V70 in my Blynk sketch and within the IFTTT string, my Blynk sketch never ‘sees’ the HTTP call. I have tried with V171 and 171 in the HTTP call. When I revert back to V70, all works wonderfully.

IFTTT is a natural partner with Blynk. I use IFTTT for ongoing operating diagnostics and for Google Assistant integration.

This is not urgent as everything is working well with V70, but it appears to be a gap somewhere, perhaps with me!
Thank you.

What error do you get? Do you have v171 and v170 in your product? Also, why these pins change in every reply :)?

Thank you, @Dmitriy

I apologize for confusion on this matter. The Virtual Pin V171 works fine from an external HTTP call. Thank you for the fix.

I will post a brief tutorial for the Community on using IFTTT with Blynk. Maybe it will encourage others to extend Blynk with IFTTT. Thanks again.

There are quite a few tutorials and posts about IFTTT, although now mostly outdated as the IFTTT interface seems to have been through a number of different changes, and (last time I looked) isn’t consistent between the app and the webpage.

I think most people dropped IFTTT when they started charging for the service and cut the functionality of the free subscription (sounds familiar? :rofl::rofl:).

Zapier looked like a good possible alternative, but they also went down the same subscription route and, although they seem to market almost as heavily as LinkedIn, their product seems a bit lacking.

I briefly dabbled with IFTTT as a way to do Amazon Alexa integration, but quickly dropped the idea in favour of Node-Red, but I guess it does have its uses in some scenarios.

Pete.

Hi @PeteKnight
I’ve been quite happy with IFTTT-with-Blynk in two use cases:

• Output: when observing Blynk app behavior or logging operating data over the long term when I cannot watch immediate behavior with Serial.prints or Telnet. IFTTT easily sends data to Google Sheets.

• Input: from Google’s Assistant commands. “Hey Google, Activate My Latest Blynk Program.” “Activate…” is also a recent update from Google and works reliably (even with Vpins > 128 I might add!).

I pay for IFTTT and find it worth the low (USD5.00 per month) price and use it every day for both use cases, above.

Apparently Amazon’s terminated their Alexa-IFTTT support while Google Assistant+IFTTT stayed strong. With Google Assistant, once set up with IFTTT and Blynk, I find it easy to enhance Blynk apps without reprogramming and recompiling.

1 Like