Various questions using BBQ cooking monitor

Maybe try local server (I haven’t used local server yet) put the data in a super chart. Click the three dots. There is option to export to excel.

I didn’t know of this feature. I’m going to build this, this weekend. I just wish there was an automatic data capture on a PC. Oh well, this is where the fun begins!

Also see…

Line 278 I’m getting “‘NO_MAX31855’ was not declared in this scope”

All libraries are installed not sure what the issue is… Help?

@ Dave Blynk are you using Blynk as a crock pot monitor!

You don’t have this library installed properly:

The .zip file you download from GitHub won’t install using the add.ZIP library option in the Arduino IDE - you have to manually unzip it and drag the MAX31855 to your Arduino libraries folder.

Pete.

Pete, thanks for your reply.

I deleted the previous library and installed (manually) the one you attached and I’m getting the dreaded “MAX31855.h: No such file or directory.” I looked in the folder just to make sure the .h file was named correctly and it does indeed match MAX31855.h

Any ideas? It’s manually installed in my libraries folder (and showing up) but it’s not showing up in my contributed libraries on the IDE…

I figured it out. That library needs to have the .h file moved forward. I moved it from the subfolder to the front and now it recognizes it…

Anyone ever try the MAX31856 folder?

I did mention that in my post.

Pete.

Newest addition. Mind you I’m using a dedicated PC in the garage. I didn’t have any of this last night.

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `checkHeatTemp()':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:322: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:322: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `readMAX31855FoodProbe()':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:298: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `loop':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:528: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `_GLOBAL__sub_I_Blynk':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:535: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:536: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

What version of the Arduino Core do you have installed on that PC?

Pete.

The newest I believe. 1.8.8.

That’s the version of your Arduino IDE.

You should be using Arduino Core 2.5.0-beta2

Pete.

Peter, do I need to roll back? It shows 2.5.0-beta3.

If Beta3 is available then go with it.

Pete.

That’s what is currently on. :frowning:

Does the error maybe point to the MAX31855 being a culprit?

The text in bold seems to be very similar to the version of the Arduino core that you’re running, so maybe that’s where the issue is. You could try a new, or portable, install of the Arduino IDE plus all the required libraries.
Either way, it’s not really a Blynk related thing.

Pete.

I appreciate all the help Pete!

I tried reinstalling everything all fresh, new libraries and even the Arduino IDE. Still same exact set of errors. How confident are you in that Max31855 library? I have a weird suspicion that something in there is not good.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I’m about to return all the components to amazon since I can’t get this all to work out.

I have no idea, I’ve never used the library or these sensors but with the library installed it compiles fine for me:

Sketch uses 353424 bytes (33%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 32888 bytes (40%) of dynamic memory, leaving 49032 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.

Pete.

This is what the Arduino IDE spits-out when I select “Show verbose output during compilation” in the File/Preferences menu:
https://pastebin.com/iqE1sNEx

These were my Board options:

You might want to do a side-by-side comparison to see where the compilation process varies.

You’ll see that down towards the bottom I have a number of “Multiple libraries were found” messages, and it shows which library was used and which were ignored.
My guess is that you’ll have the same, and that at some point an incompatible library is being used instead of the one that’s needed, so this is where I’d start.

Pete.