Using Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266

I’ve been using blynk successfully for a couple years on Arduinos. I just bought an Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266. I used Adafruit’s example sketch to verify that I can connect successfully to a web site via wifi. I then installed the relevant blynk libraries, and opened blynk’s example sketch ESP8266_Standalone. I filled in the ssid, password, and auth code. When I run it, it does nothing at all in the serial monitor. Simply blank. Any suggestions how to get unstuck? I’m using Arduino IDE 1.8.1 and the current version of blynk libraries. Sorry, can’t guess where to begin troubleshooting. Thanks.

Welcome to the ESP dance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Post the code as you have it currently configured (don’t forget to xxxxx out sections of your WiFi and Auth info once you copy it here).

Please remember to format your code so that is shows correctly here (not showing big bold letters, etc)…

EDIT - I am guessing your are using this sketch?

http://examples.blynk.cc/?board=ESP8266&shield=ESP8266%20WiFi&example=GettingStarted%2FBlynkBlink

And are you on the Cloud Server, or your own Local Server?

A post was split to a new topic: Serial console shows Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442