Use webhook to PUT data to google sheets?

I don’t have time right now. But I’ll have a look in few weeks what we can do. Maybe we can add some kind of OAth integration.

1 Like

@Dmitriy I can send the data from one pin to the Google sheet with the following in the body:

{“Date”:["/pin/"]}

but I need to add data for perhaps 3 or 4 more columns.

In your docs you have:

You can also refer to specific index of multi value pin :
/pin0/,/pin1/, /pin2/

I tried with the menu widget that is a “multiple value pin” but didn’t get very far. Are there any other widgets that have multiple values?

Maybe I have discount because I am not a new user. I use it for a long time to send an email for alarms (temperature over limit, alarm system notifications).

@aquarius are you using the body or were you able to use parameters in the Webhook url?

I couldn’t get it to work with the url. I would prefer everything in the url rather than messing about with the body.

@Costas, no, I used the pure URL which was created by Zapier and write to body this:
{
“value”:"/pin/"
}

Pin value inserted after every refresh to my spreadsheet “value” column.

not?
{
“value”:["/pin/"]
}

I did not use [ ] brackets.

Not sure why you need widget for webhook. If you want to insert multiple values to google you need to :

Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, val1, val2, val3);

and in webhook : /pin0/,/pin1/, /pin2/.

where pin0 is val1, pin1 is val2, etc

is it max number of value is 3? can add more like 4 or 5 values?

5 values is max.

1 is the maximum for me. @Dmitriy’s syntax wouldn’t work in the body and I tried for many hours. Did you get more than 1 parameter working?

I need “CardID”, “Name”, “Door”, “Room”, “Date-Time”. So 5 is what I need :slight_smile:, quite a lucky. Yesterday I think only 3

Sorry. Should be

/pin[0]/, /pin[1]/, etc

fixed docs accordingly.

Perhaps 4?

Indexes [0, 4] inclusively.

@Dmitriy but virtualWrite only appears to accept 4 variables.

You are right. Created ticket https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/issues/225

@NHN five column private Google sheet updated with Blynk Webhook widget via Zapier:

Date	        Hardware Time          ID	Data
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:29.15	0	26.23
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:33:47	1	23.20
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:40:27	2	24.70
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:43:50	3	24.70
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:50:54	4	23.79
01/11/2016	    ESP	 10:54:58	5	24.70 

I cheated with the Date column as that is just “01/11/2016” being sent rather than a Blynk variable.

The plan costs from Zapier at 3000 tasks per month (approx 100 entries per day) is currently what I consider to be excessive at $50 so it’s not a service I would promote. Last night I registered one of my domains with Google so I’ll see if I can get the private sheets working directly without Zapier.

2 Likes

@Costas did you try to write or edit data? I tried but not success.

No I didn’t try as I moved on to Zapier. Did you try Zapier?
Over the next few days I will try to update some of my sheets without Zapier via the Google authenticated domain. Will post when I have some results.