Use Ifttt to control the built in led

No, i am using ifttt to control it.
The project is about using a ultrasonic sensor with UNO board to control and philp light bulb through ifttt.

So you would like to send the ultrasonic sensor data to IFTTT ?

yes, just like if anything enters a range such as 5m, then the philp light bulb will on.

This is not related to topic name but it’s okay, you don’t need IFTTT to achieve this, you will do this in the sketch using if statement.

what do you mean by dont need IFTTT to do this? that is a household philips light bulb not those small one. It requires a socket to light it up.

I recommend you to try the sketch first with any light to make sure everything is okay, then you have to use http client in your sketch to send the data to IFTTT. Read this topic :

1 Like

I’ve never used webhook as trigger before, now I understand how things work.

I know but I want to use UNO as the main board instead of 8266. I read the Webhook widget link that you gave me. and I found out this code.[quote=“thorathome, post:13, topic:54152”]

[/quote]. I am trying to see if this can work.

I think the problem you’ll face when trying to port this example across to your Uno+ESP-01 hardware is that the HTTP Client used in the examples isn’t available in the BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h library.

The BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h is a very basic wrapper library which converts Blynk protocol commands into AT commands and vice-versa.
Very few additional commands are available within this library, so I don’t know of a way to get an HTTP client to hook into this library. That’s not to say that it isn’t possible, just that I don’t know of a way to achieve this.

Are you 100% tied to the Uno+ESP-01 hardware platform?

If you are able to figure-out a way to make external API calls with your existing hardware and the BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h library then please share your findings.

Pete.

i am not sure if i can do that but i can try my best. I found out this code
https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=Arduino%20Uno&shield=ESP8266%20WiFi%20Shield&example=Widgets%2FWebHook%2FWebHook_GET however, i am not sure how its work. do i need to create a webhook in blynk first and how can it connect to IFTTT? Also in the code in has a device name and auth code where can i get it?? I cant see any things related to them in the webhook page. should i create a device first, if yes, how to connect them together? is there any step by step guide line for it?? This is all I have for now but i dont think it is clearly stated.

This code belongs to blynk legacy and not gonna work with blynk IOT because the webhook widget has been replaced with webhook settings in blynk Console.

thank you for ur advise. I follow here to create a webhook now. When i use the test function, I can control the light now. However, how can I write the code on IDE now??

I didn’t try it yet, but I guess if you would like to trigger the webhook you have to send data to a datastream. I’m gonna try it soon, maybe tonight.

Thank you. As i already create the webhook, I tried to use the test function and I can control the philip lightbulb now. However, how can I write the code on IDE now??

When the device ( esp32 in my case ) sends data to the datastream that should trigger the webhook, so in the sketch all you have to do is write value to the virtual pin.

thank you. why u can select “device send data to datastream”? while I just have “new user added”, user deleted, user metadat updated, new device added, and device connect for the first time.

I’m not sure why, but is developer mode enabled ?

where can I see if it is enabled or not