Upgrading local Blynk looses Auth Token, board types & Virtual Pins (and issues with iOS App)

just as an experiment - if I created two blynk dashboards each within their own usename account on the local server say: account1@gmail.com and account2@gmail.com and then I create different looking dashboard with one account having a different layout and maybe less widgets. If I then edit the files so they have the same auth token would they then keep in sync and work ? I’m trying to provide an experience where I can provide a simple dashboard for my wife and a more complex one for myself.

No. This is not supported.

hi Dmitry can you tell me how Blynk local server uses these two files below:

xxx@gmail.com.user
xxx@gmail.com.Blynk.user

I noticed the backup folder stores xxx@gmail.Blynk.user but the main data folder has both of the above.

I also noticed that just earlier my IOS app out of now-where would not display some sketches (and in some cases reverted to older ones). The way I fixed this was to copy a backup version of xxx@gmail.com.Blynk.user and place it in the data folder but I had to rename it to xxx@gmail.com.user for it to fix (leaving it with the .Blynk.user extension did not work) - thus my question.

Hello. Initial file format was u_USEREMAIL.user. However due to new feature - new format became USEREMAIL.APPNAME.user. Server itself should remove old format file after new one is created. Not sure why this no happened on your case. So correct one is with Blynk in name. You may remove other file.

thanks for quick response. :+1: