Upcoming Plan Updates!

If I change from the 10 device to 20 device plan on the plus plan will that set me back to the new plan?

That’s what it says in the original post. If you add more devices after 16th October then the new plan limitations will kick-in…

Pete.

If you upgrade before Oct 16, you will get the plan with current parameters. If you do that after Oct 16 the new plan limitations will be applied.

1 Like

Hi,

What will be different between the current plus price plan and when the changes kick in?

It will not be worth paying anything to have only 20 datastreams and 16 widgets. I could understand a reduction from 80 widgets but 20 is extreme. Because of changes you made in the past to the input widget I have had to make it very big in order to manually enter new numbers because the area that the + and - symbol are active it so large you have to click in the very center of the number in order to manually change the number. It appears the tabs widget isn’t available in the new plan so now I would have to decrease the size and with the 20 widget limit it is pretty useless.

1 Like

I found it here. Pricing | Blynk IoT Platform
A reduction to 20 is a bit ridiculous. A difference of 60 between new users and old ones that then cannot really make changes to their plans without loosing out.

1 Like

Help!
I’m currently on the Free plan for just two projects.
When I try to launch the Blynk app on my Android (13) phone, i get the usual pop-up inviting me to try the 14-day free PRO trial.
I can’t get rid of this pop-up by pressing the X as I could up until today. The pop-up just keeps re-launching.
Am I being forced to do the 14 day trial? It does say I can cancel it and revert to the FREE option, but the warning above suggests that I must not change anything to continue as before.
Or is the rogue pop-up just an error?
Please help, Thanks.

I have the same problem, then I have to close the app and open it again. Every time I consider upgrading they make changes to the paid plans so it is getting difficult to trust Blynk.
I am on andoid 8.

I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Definitely nobody is forced to any trials or plans. We are checking on our side, meanwhile can you please make sure you are using the latest app version?

Thanks Maria.
It seems to be working just now.
No pop-up at all.
Version 1.13.4(156) 1.10.23
Dave

I was just going through the upcoming changes to the plan…ooooo boyyy !!!

There are some ridiculous limitations applied on the plans… Even the basic Time input widget has been removed from the free plan :joy:. I don’t understand what new users should do with the free plan before opting for a paid plan! My opinion is to remove the free plan altogether, because there is no use for Blynk or users from this plan.

My feel on these frequent changes done to the Blynk pricing is, we should let things settle down(sediment) for couple of years. Then maybe they might come up with a solid plan and keep it that way for at least 5yrs or so. Things are not working well for both Blynk or users. Even before users think of something to build, there will be change/limitation lurking at the corner. So better to wait and let things settle.

Just my opinion though! I am not influencing my thoughts on anybody…

4 Likes

Even before users think of something to build, there will be change/limitation lurking at the corner.

These plans apply to new users only, there’s no change for those who started building their projects.

20 datastreems in the device for 7 dollars. per month - it’s just ridiculous.
I sympathize with those developers who are still trying to build some small projects on this platform.

3 Likes

I completely agree this is only for new users. But tell me how many revisions/changes are made from the day the new platform was introduced. There will be one or the limitations(almost no good for users) very often.

Bringing limitations to Free plan, is fine to some extent as free users are no good in terms of revenue generation but good at giving inputs and reporting bugs(few users at least)… so complaining on restriction is not that valued…

But even for paid subscription there are so much changes in terms of data streams and much more.

You are transparently saying these changes are only for new users in the open forum, nice…

But from that new users POV, thats a bad sign.

And removing the time input widget from free plan is really a bad move(in my books you need not agree on this). That’s really a basic thing have. Its like removing wifi capabilities and cloud link for free plan… doesnt make sense right!

3 Likes

Please help me upgrade to PLUS 20 from PLUS 10.
I do not know how to cancel my ANNUAL plan now (It expires in December.) to move to PLUS 20.
I have a thread with @Oleksii-QA but that has not helped me cancel oniOS and renew on web.

Thank you.

Strongly recommend you allow far more than 20 Datastreams on the new PLUS pricing scheme.
80 Datastreams was perfect for me under PLUS 10. I am trying to upgrade now to PLUS 20 anyway.

I am a hobbyist, have only one user - me. This app, below, uses 69 Datastreams and is one of my go-to Blynk apps, for example.

Please, please, please, allow dedicated Blynk hobbyists like me to continue to use Blynk at PLUS pricing.

2 Likes

It seems that everything is being done to push out hobbyists who have a limited budget. All the changes made by blynk have been extremely detrimental, they also make projects unreliable over time (remember that hobbyist support is a small but continuous drop). I understand that my plan will remain unchanged, but it will always be at risk if I were to make a change, these concepts affect the reliability of this highly regarded platform. For these reasons I think that as soon as reliable alternatives present themselves I will abandon blynk and I believe many other people will. Unfortunately we remain unheard and this is a great disappointment.

4 Likes

You’re heard. That’s why current changes don’t affect existing users :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I know and understand that the changes do not affect current users. I invite you to read the entire message and not just those parts that suit you. Here is yet another demonstration that we are unheard.

2 Likes

Major disappointment. Blynk says the changes do not affect current users. I am a hobbyist with the free plan. I kept getting the pop-up for the 14-day free PRO trial and was not able to use my free plan device until I upgraded. Then I immediately cancelled the trial plan to go back to free plan. However, the terminal widget was removed from free plan with no prior notification of this to me. Now my device is no longer usable.
This is very a deceptive practice. I use to recommend Blynk to friends but I cannot recommend Blynk anymore. This is wasting my time.

3 Likes