Upcoming Android 2.18.0 update (IMPORTANT for local server owners)

For Blynk Cloud - yes.

No. Arduino (hardware) will use 8442 as before.

Local server app will use 9443 port (now 8443).

2 Likes

So these port forwarding ports should work now and in the future ?

Sorry, I’m quite confused as well. Updated server to 0.30.2, changed app.ssl.port=9443 (was 8443 before), changed port of custom local server in Android app to 9443 as well, changed port forwarding in router from 8443 to 9443, but cannot log in in android app version 2.18.0. It says “Connecting” for ever. After changing port numbers no problems with my second tablet and android app version 2.17.2.
Error message in blynk.log is

ERROR- Wrong income message format.
23:49:00.693 WARN - User not logged. /tablet-IP:59431. Closing.

Any ideas?
Thanx in advance!

you for sure have the 2.18 app installed?

You don’t need to do that. Please revert.

You don’t need that either. Please revert.

All required actions are described in my announcement above. All you need to do is to update server and app. That’s it.

Are you sure?? I had to do that to allow my one phone, that was connecting via my No-IP DNS address, in order to connect to my Local Server… otherwise I just got a connection error.

I don’t need to be sure. I know that :slight_smile:. Updated app will connect to 9443 by default.

Exactly… which is why the change from 8443 to 9443 in my port forwarding tables that redirect incoming WAN connection (from my App, now on 9443) to my LS’s IP… but you are recommending to Jamesir that it is NOT required and to revert back to 8443 (in his routers port forwarding)?

But with new app 8443 is no longer used and for old apps this will not work.

I think we are saying the same thing… only in different internal languages :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Remember we are talking about the users router (and it’s internal port forwarding)… NOT the App or the LS app.ssl.port.

The only thing you need to change with new app and new server is forward 9443 to your local server instead of 8443 for the app to connect to your local server.

I can confirm this from firsthand experience :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have updated to the latest server version and client (android) version and everything works well, including my websockets connections to node red. Just a question: Does that mean the setting

#application ssl port
app.ssl.port=8443

is deprecated and should be removed from server.properties? I mean, since the new port is different and the server is using that anyway, I suppose it’s just ignoring this directive?

Yeah, never mind. Found it with minimal digging. From the github main server.properties file:

#application ssl port
#deprecated. should be removed in future versions
#just for back compatibility for now
app.ssl.port=8443
1 Like

Thank you for all your answers. It’s working now! Reverted app.ssl.port=8443 in server.properties file. Forwarded port 9443 in my router to local Blynk server on my raspberry to get WAN access from outside my home network, set 9443 in 2.18.0 Android Blynk app and that was it.
Working like a charm now, even with a VPN tunnel from the outside!
Thank you and keep up the good work!

1 Like

After the latest Android app update both my phone and tablet could not connect and I had to logout and login again. The new app version automatically connecting to the new port explains this as I didn’t have my router forward 9443 to the Blynk server.

What stopped working though was connection to one of my shared projects from my relative’s iPhone and iPad. I tried connecting to the shared project using the QR code on another Android phone but had no issues there. I tried generating a new QR code but it didn’t work either on the iPhone/iPad in question.

Has there been some changes on how the project sharing works or is the iOS app perhaps yet to receive an update regarding this?

The local server is 0.30.3 (java8 build). All Android apps were the newest version and so were the iOS apps (cannot verify this though as the person having connectivity issues lives in another town). My router is configured to forward port 9443 -> 9443.

1 Like

@ristomatti yeah. nice catch. You need to wait for iOS update so it could work with new shared QR. Old QR however should work without any issues.

ETA on the iOS update?

End on next week

1 Like

Hey guys.

Since my Android APP automaticaly upgrade i lost my connection to my Blynk Local server.

I could not Login anymore. I realize that maybe it was because my local server was not upgraded so i upgrade the Local server.

Now, i can’t login my old sketch. I tryed to delete /data/user as i saw @Dmitriy telling someone in the forum… but no success. the old stech as gone (and a new user connects with no problem). i tryed to move and rename /backup/user to /blynk/ but no success at all.

Now i restart doing my sketch… but i am experiencing some problems that i didnt have before: for example… i have 2 bottons that when i click “on”… the other turns “off” and vice versa. after i click them once… the arduino mega loses the ethernet connection.

I had this sketch working since september last year with no issues.

Can it be related to this last upgrade?

By the way, i am available to help with the translation to Portuguese (Pt) is you want @Dmitriy
Thanks in advance,

Pedro

I don’t think so.

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server#update-instruction-for-unix-like-systems