UNused used virtual pins

After I did some major reorganising of the widgets in my project and started using device selector widget, then added another gps trigger that is based on the device selector widget , now, none of the GPS trigger widgets that are using virtual pin <12 are working.
(… Doing more tests)

LE: After more tests I found out that The GPS trigger won’t work using the device selector widget at all. If I use it selecting any device It will work. The following is still available.

I also noticed that all the devices are showing the virtual pins 0 to 12 as USED when they are not actually used at all. Even a new fresh device with no widgets comes with all the virtual pins from 0 to 12 as used.

Using and unusing one of the 0 to 12 virtual pin is not helping resetting its used state. The other pins are acting normal.

All of this is happening on my local updated server using the updated blynk app. On the Blynk server it works correctly from the same smartphone.

1. Please add your local server’s version, and app’s platform and version to the issue.
  2. If the widget is on device selector, it will show busy pins for all the devices on the device selector, so probably you have widget’s on these pins not on device selector, but on some of it’s devices.
  3. GPS trigger would not work in device selector, as when the app is not opened, it uses Blynk HTTP API for data upload, that doesn’t support device selector. We’ll disable its support for Device Selector - looks like it is a bug in the app

Server version I use is v0.41.0-2 and I am using the updated android version of the blynk app 2.27.1 on android 8.0.0.

Any new fresh device with no widgets used comes with all the virtual pins from V0 to V12 and also V70 as used.

I am still facing the same issue. Planning to delete the project and create it again from scratch. Any better option?

LE:
I started to create the whole project again.After adding the first widgets and the device selector can see that the bug is gone.

LE2:
I think I found what the problem is! There is something related to the device selector! It behaves like all the devices are selected in it.

I just created the second device selector and I chosed 2 newly created devices.These devices are not common to the first device selector. These devices have no widgets on any of the Virtual pins, only the devices selected on the first device selector have some pins used.

When I tried to use the Virtual pins for the second device selector I discovered that the same pins that i used on the first device selector are showing up as used for the second device selector. Device selectors have no common devices.

But that is not all. Now, any fresh created device is showing up with Vpins used, same vpins that are used by the first device selector.

Even if i keep a single device on device selector, the issue is the same for any device, even a fresh one. If, i stop using device selector all comes to normal.

Isn’t that what the developer said?..

Basically, seeing the vPin marked as USED doesn’t prevent it from being used again and again in other widgets… so no actual issue with functionality that I can see, short of possible OCD related ones :stuck_out_tongue:

No, because even if i use a singe device on device selector, the virtual pins will show up as used on any other device(that is not part from device selector). Even on a freshly created device.

No issues on the functionality side discovered, as you said.

Looks like I got the issue, do you mean that in second device selector any pins on other devices will be shown as busy no matter it’s selection of devices?

Actually it’s the other way around. Any unused device will have some vpins busy. The vpins that are showing busy are the vpins used by other devices in the second device selector.

Trying to replicate the scenario on a fresh project gets confusing . It gets difficult to find a pattern actually, I think it gets different every time. And… the beta is coming, so I don’t think it worth the effort of solving it. Anyway…I tried again.

Right now, I just created a fresh project:

• 4 widgets used by 4 different devices - all good
  • 5th widget using the device selector(all 4 devices selected in the device selector) - all good on the 5th unused device
  • 2nd device selector with 2 devices attached - the 2nd device selector is unused yet by any widget, but on a fresh unused device the vpin that shows busy is the vpin used by the widget with the first device selector.
  • trying to use the second device selector I get busy all the vpins used indivitually by all the devices in the first device selector+ the vpin used by the widget with the device selector. so i used an unused vpin
  • going back to the previously fresh unused device and trying to select a pin, I can see the 2 vpins used by both device selectors. all other pins are unused.

Going forward with this it gets even more complicated and I am a bit tired right now to understand any other patterns.

Till now I could not find any other issue but getting the wrong information about which pins are used and which are not.

This can POTENTIALLY affect your project when it gets more complicated and you have many devices and many vpins used. It gets difficult to get organized and you can get confused trying to debug everything if you don’t know about the bug. Even after you find out about the bug it gets difficult because you don’t know what information you can trust.

I’ll upload on this week a new app’s version with some rework for used mark on selectors, looks like I’ve fixed your issue. Have you joined our beta program on Google Play?

1 Like

Yup! As soon as I got the e-mail. Can’t wait for it!

I’ve uploaded a new release build with a fix to this issue - it should be available soon to download.

3 Likes

Thank you for all your effort! Appreciate it!
I got it. I gave it a quick test and looks like it works natural now!

1 Like