Using the Uno wifi serial 1 library with Blynk

I have downloaded Arduino IDE 1.8.5 so I can use my Arduino Uno R3 WiFi board I have also updated to the latest version of Blynk i have followed all the instructions posted by

Still struggling to to connect to the net
I am now getting time out from the serial monitor I am using Blynk version 0.5
I have attached a screenshot of the serial monitor
thanks oldvolt

I don’t see any Blynk-related problem here.

@oldvolt the GitHub you linked to has this instruction:

AT+UART_DEF=115200,8,1,0,0 - setting of the default baud rate

Blynk sketch when using super slow Arduino and ESP shield system needs to be 9600 baud. So change the AT command to 9600.

@Costas Serial1 on Uno WiFi works at 115200

@oldvolt why do you use AT firmware and not WiFi Link? scroll to next chapter in the Uno WiFi Dev Ed Serial1 doc

If Serial1 is being used by Blynk as a WiFi shield to a super slow Arduino like an Uno then the baud needs throttling down to 9600.

It has nothing to do with Blynk. The WiFiEsp library works on Uno WiFi over it’s hardware Serial1 at 115200. With one small modification in the library. But here the WiFiEsp library doesn’t see the firmware at all. (I am the author of the Uno WiFi Dev Ed Serial1 library).
OP mixes things and who knows what he has in the esp8266. I recommended to him in other thread that he should install WiFi Link.

@Juraj does your reference in the GitHub to “Developer Edition” relate to hardware or software?

both. because the library implements the uart bridge chip that connects the Atmega to esp8266 on Uno WiFi board, in Wiki of the project is everything about Uno WiFi Developer Edition

@Juraj fortunately I don’t use anything nearly as complex as the Uno WiFi :slight_smile:

From what I can make out it’s a case of users not following the instructions in the docs, like Blynk, and your library fixes some of the shortcomings of the hardware, right?

The library opens full potential of that great board. I experimented with esp serial modules with spi connected Wemos, but Uno WiFi is the best choice. Everything is connected on board. The additional serial keeps Serial0 free for USB flashing and Serial Monitor The Serial1 is fast enough (230 400 baud). You can reset and program the esp from atmega and reset and program atmega from esp. If you want you can open a direct connection from esp to Serial0 of the Atmega and bypass Serial1. All this with software without touching the board.

1 Like

What’s the best available price (and url) for this great board?

Price was around 40 €/$. Now out of stock everywhere. Should be again on stock in some weeks, but I do not know if it will be the Developer Editon or a new Standard Edition with esp8266 connected over SPI.

Ah so the developer edition is different to the regular Uno WiFi.

I was looking at the $10 “Uno WiFi’s” available from the Far East and hoping they might have the “developer edition” features.

At $40 and no stock I think it’s a none starter for many users.

Jura and all thanks for the replies
Because of my limited brain I assumed that I had to install all firmware from the links that said I installed Arduino 1.8.5 IDE I also installed WiFi link that came with 1.8.5. and still no luck but I am going to try again with the links from the original post
Is there any way I can set the Arduino UNO Wifi back to factory settings so I can start everything afresh
I must frustrate members with my questions but I like trying to use Arduino and Blynk while listening to my favourite Glasgow football team trying to challenge the elite football clubs in Europe like my team I will never get anywhere near the elite members of Blynk but I do get much enjoyment out of trying
Kind regards and thanks to all
oldvolt

only follow the chapter “UNO WiFi with WiFi Link firmware” in Uno WiFi Dev Ed Serial1 github repository page and the links in that chapter…

Here are some Uno WiFi and WiFi Link troubleshooting sessions with girls on arduino forum:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=522579.msg3563657#msg3563657
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=515431.0

for now only the ‘Developer Edition’ was manufactured. the price is very good compared to original Uno with original WiFi shield.

the Robotdyn Uno + WiFi has esp8266 on board but the only connections are RX/TX configurable with switches. the Mega + WiFi can use Serial3 of Mega. that is usable.

1 Like

I guess for “moon lander” style iOT projects then your library is very useful i.e. when you need access to the dozens of pins on a Mega.

For most projects D1 and D1 Mini’s are probably all that is needed and for a very modest cost.

1 Like

Still waiting for that Moon Lander widget to become available on IOS, but then I’d have to fork-out $$$ for one of these boards. Maybe I’ll just stick with the Wemos’s and forget the intergalactic stuff for now.

Pete.

1 Like

Anyone that can afford iOS can easily afford $40 for a decent development board :slight_smile: