Unable to send email .please check your network connection

I have a problem, please help me, thank you very much.
:pray:
:unable to send email .please check your network connection

mail.smtp.auth=true
mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtp.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.smtp.port=587
mail.smtp.username=*************@gmail.com
mail.smtp.password=***************a

12:58:32.933 INFO - **********6@qq.com hardware joined.
12:58:35.336 ERROR- Error sending email auth token to user : **********6@qq.com. Error: Couldn’t connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 587; timeout 30000
12:59:39.506 ERROR- Error sending email auth token to user : *********16@qq.com. Error: Couldn’t connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 587; timeout 30000
13:01:39.977 ERROR- Error sending email auth token to user : **********6@qq.com. Error: Couldn’t connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 587; timeout 30000

Did you follow all the instructions?

Follow all the instructions, but still not working.I feel confused.

What is your Local Server running on? If a PC then it’s firewall or AntiVirus can possibly cause issues.

Also, there was something a while back about email not working due to the type of java implementation used. I don’t recall the details and am busy right now, so you will need to search the forum for references to that.

I am using Alibaba Cloud Server and I opened port 587.

Ahhh, well you may need to ask them about it then… as well as looking into what java version and implementation. Did you follow the directions on that or pick your own java source.

I changed the port to 25, and the log shows the following message.
14:58:34.041 ERROR- Error sending email auth token to user : *************@**.com. Error: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials d18sm35544759pfj.47 - gsmtp

Can you not restart the server?

Gmail services are blocked in China. So that’s a reason. You need to use other SMTP provider.

1 Like

root@iZuf62vohf1eope736pd8gZ:~# telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
Trying 64.233.189.109…
Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP w128sm35153581pfw.79 - gsmtp

Does this mean that there is no limit?
How do I write configuration information if I use other SMTP provider?

This is great news. if you can telnet to it, it means you have connectivity. Keep troubleshooting, https://www.smtper.net/. Im guessing its with you’re user-auth or tls.

also, test some manual commands, see if it goes through.

How to restart the blynk server?
What command to enter

So… you didn’t read the instructions :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear @Dmitriy is it possible to setup different SMTP in the local server? If yes how?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

With the help of everyone, after a day of hard work, I finally solved this problem. I did the following action
1, I replaced the cloud server that supports gmail
2, I restarted my cloud server
I restarted my entire cloud server, which is stupid.
Next time I will use the method you introduced, use the following command to restart the server:
1.ps -aux | grep java
2.username 10539 1.0 12.1 3325808 428948 pts/76 Sl Jan22 9:11 java -jar server-0.41.0.jar
3.kill 10539
Thank you again, it is your hard work and is changing the world.Wishing better and better
@Gunner
@Dmitriy
@Pavel
@Ivennard, etc.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Problem sending mail