Unable to access jarfile server-0.41.6.jar

I’am really grateful of what we have come so far by the help of you guys,
But sorry when i tried 443 it outputs the same as 9443

Sorry, app could not initialize connection to the server

i also reinstalled Blynk app
and removed and reinstalled the server…
what should i do?

I believe that my problem is related to ports.
because when i tried even to delete the port i opened the situation remains as it is , i mean that i can access https://192.168.1.2:9443 and when i try to sign up an account from the application itt gives me the following

Sorry, app could not initialize connection to the server

so i’am uploading a photo that has everything in it
could please someone see if i even opened the ports right or do i need some changes

If your phone is connected to the same WiFi SSID (NOT via your cell connection) as your Server, then port forwarding in the router should not be required… nor should it be contributing to your connection issue.

You have not clarified (that I can confirm) if you are getting this error when trying to create an account, or login with an account (which you can’t do until you create one :wink: )

Man i have already clarified it twice uptill now :joy::joy:

So i think you will not ask me if i’am trying to connect within the same network or not :sweat_smile::joy:

Just double checking everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Comments like this

And images like this…

…made me wonder your direction of troubleshooting, as I don’t think you can login to the App with the admin account :thinking: And your router port forward settings should only affect your App connection when outside of your LAN.

What does your App screenshot show when you try to create an account? (NOT the Admin account)

Also, it appears you are running your server on a Windows PC… have you set any exceptions to allow it with your antivirus?

1 Like

That was an old screen shot man :joy::joy:, told you the same massage when trying to sign up a new account.
I will try to disable the anti virus and make an exception and tell you

This topic is only two days young… so can’t be that old of a screenshot :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, it is to confusing for me to follow what you have or have not done, so I will leave you to your own troubleshooting.

PS, in your other “old” screenshot of the files folder, I do not see any server.properties or mail.properties or any indication of certificate files.

Perhaps you need to read through the instructions again??

1 Like

@Shalabyer Well… turns out there just may be some legitimacy to your issue.

I have found out that with Server server-0.41.6… if I log out of my account (in the App) I cannot log back in… same generic error message as you are getting.

Mine seems to alternate between “Sorry, app could not initialise connection to the server.” and “Reconnecting to the server.”

Is this the same alternating messages as on yours??

If you log into your administration page on the PC, can you see the user account you tried to create?

2 Likes

Same two massages here but the most one who appears is the first one you mentioned
Finally its not my fault my next step for me was me reinstalling my windows :sweat_smile:.
If i log in my admin page i don’t see the account i tried to create.
For the mail.properties and server.properties you mentioned,
i made the first one correctly but the second one i download it from here:

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/blob/master/server/core/src/main/resources/server.properties

and there is some things that i don’t know what to write in it i hope you can help me

#address to bind to. by default bounded to all interfaces
listen.address=

server.ssl.cert=

or should i leave it all blank as i downloaded it
also i have pasted them in c:/server
which is my server contained folder

Yes, that is “normal”… the one is the “trying” message and the other longer lasting one is the “result of trying” message

Update, at least with mine, as I do have a legitimate account already active, if I leave them trying long enough (15-20 minutes?) they will finally log in!

In your case I think the issue is you need to somehow get the account made first before it can properly keep trying. Perhaps try loading in an older Server version to get you started… try server-0.41.4

1 Like

I believe you can leave that as default

Honestly, I setup my certs over two years ago… I have no idea how I did them :blush:

1 Like

I tried 41.5 and gives me the same output
tried all three versions of 41.4 given and all outputs the same

tried 41.3 and same output that its unable initialize connection…

I still do not see these supporting files in the same folder as your server files… they all need to be together.

1 Like

FINALLY !!! :sweat_smile::joy::joy:
I just remembered that you told me to allow it in my anti-virus which i forgot to do .:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I allowed it in my firewall and it works fine now finally…
I’am really grateful for your time and being patient with me.
Just Thanks man … :smile:

1 Like

So please let me see if i’am getting this right
if i need to access my local server from the outside then all i need to do is opening port 9443 and 8080 is used only when the device is outside,
then i need to access noip.com to get a host name that i can provide to my application so i don’t need to reenter my public ip that is changeable which by the way i can put it and it will work, please correct me if i’am wrong.
for noip.com if i just stayed on the Free Dynamic DNS plan all i need to do is just to confirm every 30 day but my host name won’t change, so how will that affect me??
am i right until now?

I think you have it correct. I just use the free part and confirm every month.

Last question and iam done
can i use blynk local server commercially ?
keep in mind that i will not update the app nor the server,
and if its ok to work with that,
if there is any feature plans for me to use any plan for the blynk cloud, can i move my accounts that is already registered to the cloud ,
if that is okay to use it that way, so i think i will need the crt of my network so i can be more secured, am i right?
also what if iam going to update the server and the app then how can i move user data from old server to new one?

I would say no. Need to purchase a commercial plan. See the section, Questions? We’ve Got Answers.

2 Likes

There is one more step to the process.
You need to have a NoIP update client running on a device inside your network. This will check what your public IP address is and update the NoIP server with that information, so that the NoIP service knows where to send the data.

Most routers can run a DDNS update service, or you could run a NoIP update client on your Blynk local server hardware.

Pete.

1 Like