Two versions of Projects in App

Hi,

It seems as if I have 2 versions of projects in my Android App.

At home I have the “right” one - data being supplied every few minutes from a Raspberry Pi with Node-Red. Works perfectly :slight_smile:

At work - with a different internet service provider - I get an ancient version of the project without showing any data updates :frowning:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Nico

Does the address to which you connect form work and home differ in any way? Maybe it has to do with the DNS update, though that should be said and done by now …

The Raspberry Pi is static at home. Using the Node-red sockets version. Updated last week.

The app is on the same Android tablet I carry around. Checked - no update available on Playstore

Regards
Nico

Well, I was actually referring to where the domain name to which you connect resolves. Cloud-blynk.com, that one.

As far as i know that Blynk team started a regional clustered server , means that for every region ( Europe , North America , Asia , Middle east ) your hardware and app will connect to the nearest Server to your geographical location. and from time to time - Automated - the all servers should synchronize all projects and user data.
but it seams that not happening well.

in your case while you are in Work you are connecting to X server which have an old version of your project.
and at home your are connecting to Z server with the latest version of your project.

just run that command in your CMD ping blynk-cloud.com and your probelm will be solved only when you see the same IP result at home and work.

see @Dmitriy post Here about that issue and he promised will be solved soon

1 Like

Thanks.

Will check for the IP’s the domain resolves to.

I’m in South Africa - and I guess the routing of data via either the east coast or the west coast of Africa will make a huge difference in how the domain name resolves

It is not happening at all :). But yeap, we need to fix that.

Hi,

I checked. The DNS for blynk-cloud.com resolves to

Home: 188.166.177.186
Work: 45.55.130.102

Any timeline on when this will be fixed?

Thanks
Nico

mainly your problem is that one of the two ISP (if not the same) updates the DNS cashing infrequently that’s why you have two different IPs.

and about when it will be solved i think Blynk team can answer that , i am just a user like you in the forum.

A work-around can be connecting to the IP instead of the DNS name, but that is a bit ugly.

Hi,

any progress on this? :slight_smile:
Regards
Nico

Hi,

any update on this?

Thanks
Nico

Hello. No update at the moment.

This issue is also reported in

Please use that thread in future.

I think this issue still not solved , yesterdays i create anew and neat looking WIFI controlled Power extension, for my bother-i will post it soon in new post- i ask my bro to create a new dashboard and gives me the Auth token i flashed it and he cant control it.
but using my own token i can control it.

i lives in Saudi Arabia, my bro in Egypt and both have different IP result when Ping Blynk-cloud.com😁

the only work around is to connect to the server using the IP as a local server l any plan to solve it ?

Sure, we will resolve issue when I have time to get to it.

Any progress on this? :slight_smile:

It will solve a lot of issues for me :grin:

Hello. Currently we are not working on it. There 2 workarounds to resolve issue. Either hardcode server IP or install local server. Yes, this is annoying issue, but we have no resources right now to invest in it. Sorry for inconveniences.

Hi, seems as if this problem has been resolved.

Thanks!

Blynk is now a workable solution to me. :grin: