Troubles connecting devices in high-speed networks

"Hello everyone, I’m experiencing issues with connecting my devices to Blynk on high-speed networks.

Just to provide some context, the following feedback was obtained during tests with both ESP8266 and ESP32.

When the devices are connected to Wi-Fi networks with good connectivity, or when I use my mobile router (with the phone connected to a 5G network), the devices fail to connect to the Blynk Cloud. Meanwhile, the serial monitor keeps repeating the message Connecting to blynk.cloud:80.

I suspect the issue is related to high speeds because when I limit the cellular network connection to 2G or 3G, the connection is almost instantaneous. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and found a solution?"

1 Like

Do you mean that you’re trying to connect your devices to WiFi networks or mobile hotspots using a 5GHz WiFi network rather than a 2.4GHz WiFi network?

Seeing your entire serial monitor output (correctly formatted with triple backticks of course) might help us to understand more about what is happening during the connection phase.

Pete.

1 Like

“No, the wifi network I’m connecting to operates on 2.4GHz. I’m referring to the internet link speed; the faster the internet access, the more issues I face with the connection. Regarding the complete output of the serial monitor, the only message that appears and repeats is ‘’‘Connecting to blynk.cloud:80.’”

In that case you have a problem, you should be seeing more than that.

Pete.