Trouble connecting Arduino 101 with iPhone

I have updated the library and the App (iPhone) today but I am still getting ā€œCanā€™t connect. Please retry or choose another device.ā€ I am trying this with the Blynk LED sketch.

@jlmyra Please donā€™t interject unrelated ā€œme tooā€ issues into someone elseā€™s topic. I have moved your issue into itā€™s own topic.

Please clarify your issueā€¦ what hardware are you trying to connect too?

Sorry for not following protocol.

I am trying to connect a Arduino 101 to my iPhone via bluetooth - BLE. I have a four motor robot that I have been operating with Blynk for some time. Recently, I am unable to get them to connect. I tried creating a new account, that didnā€™t help. I tried using the Blynk LED sketch with the new account. The arduino now shows up on the phone but it will not connect - it seems to time out and responds with ā€œCanā€™t connect. Please retry or choose another device.ā€ I have installed the Blynk app on my phone that came out today (says it fixes BLE connectivity issues) and I installed the updated Blynk library.

What am I missing???

Thanks!
Jim

Hello. OK, so you are using an Arduino 101. Same issue then, sorry, it was hard to tell at first. Been seeing a few 101 questions mixed in with other BT/BLE issues.

Turns out there is a bug on Arduinoā€™s / Intelā€™s end, that is preventing Blynk BLE from working properly with the updated 101 core librariesā€¦ or something like that.

ā€œTheyā€, Intel and Arduino, are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, I believe all 101 users will just have to wait until Intel releases the next update to the IDE.

Are known issues posted somewhere? I invested a lot of time trying to work around this issue.

Anyway thanks for your time and help!

Jim

For me it is simply a case of reading forum posts daily and hoping to remember the what, where and why as needed :confused:

I am positive that the Blynk developers are sweating away at it as wellā€¦ This latest update on the Intel issue was just posted by the developers earlier today, so we are not far behind the curve :wink:

1 Like

I purchased an Arduino 101 to work with Blynk over bluetooth from my iPhone. I could not get it to connect so I searched and found this forum thread.

It seems the issue has been around for quite some time. The forum does not list timestamps but I assume this thread is a year old?

Looking at Intelā€™s site, the last update to the 101 was 3/2016. That does not inspire confidence that they are looking into the issue.

I tried downgrading to 1.07 but the sketch will not upload. It just freezes. Is there any hope of getting Blynk working on my 101 over BLE or is it a lost cause? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Every single post has a time date stampā€¦ far right from your Avatar.

It is an Intel issueā€¦ temporary solution is downgrade the Arduino 101 library AND firmwareā€¦ More info about that in this topic.

Thanks Gunner! I appreciate the reply.

Regarding the timestamp I should have been more specific. It shows the month but not the yearā€¦

I did not downgrade the Blynk library as I wasnā€™t sure which one to use. I may try that, but in the interim I added a WiFi module to my Arduino 101 and that is working for now.

Hopefully the wait will not be too long for the Intel fixā€¦

Hover over it :wink:
[quote=ā€œmtkreitz, post:9, topic:13421ā€]
I did not downgrade the Blynk library as I wasnā€™t sure which one to use.
[/quote]

NOT the Blynk Libraryā€¦ the Arduino101 (Curie) library in the IDEā€¦ check out that other post! Particularly toward the end.

1 Like