BLYNK
BLYNK.IO       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Timing blynk accessing internet for metered data

I have a basic blynk app that monitors the depth of water in our tanks at our cottage. It’s a basic ultrasonic sensor that using LoRa to send the data to the receiver which then sends it out to blynk. The problem is that I’m receiving complaints from our local internet provider I’m using too much data. Although it’s only sending a small bit of data it’s constant. I don’t need constant data. If I received data only evelry 10 minutes or so that would be sufficient. Is there a way of adding a timer to my blynk program that would only send data out onto the internet at a predetermined interval?
thanks.
Jeff

I guess a lot depends on how you’ve written the LoRa Gateway, but assuming you’ve optimised it well then you should probably read this…

Deepl or Google Translate does a pretty good job on making sense of it, assuming you dont speak Russian.

Pete.

Thanks for that Pete. It looks like (if I can understand the translation) he’s using about 2MB a month. That doesn’t seem too much. The IT guy at the cottage on the island was saying I was sucking back way more than that and slowing down the system. I’ve thought of adding a delay line in the program so it only executes every twenty minutes or so. That should cut down on the traffic. I also have a timing module I could use to cycle on and off the arduino if that doesn’t work. Appreciate all the time you spend answering questions.
Jeff

Further studying the Russian reply I fully didn’t understand the PUSH function. If I understand right I can set the amount of time (1000L = 1 sec) for the polling. Is this a seperate app that requires an additional token in addition to the original app?