Time zone (for all App timer options)

I’m looking at using the timer function. Seems that the time is set with the zone the same as the phone that created the time yes? So if I go overseas and set the timer again it will go to the time zone I am in when I change the timer (assuming I leave the auto time zone on my phone on). L

So to make the event happen at the same time (6pm in Sydney) I would either need to set the time before I leave for a holiday and not touch the timer when overseas, or set the time zone to Sydney before setting the timer while overseas, Orr set the timer to the equivalent of 6pm Sydney time?

Is this right? It’s the time zone of the app setting the time, not the time zone of the device the timer gets sent (my arduino/esp8266 combo).

As per Documentation:

For the Timer Widget and also for the Timer option in Eventor.

NOTE: The timer widget rely on the server time and not your phone time. Sometimes the phone time may not match the server time.

And the Time Input Widget just sends start/stop markers to the sketch (as soon as created) so that is also based on the time settings in the sketch (Server time via RTC).

And to adjust the timezone of your RTC you can use the RTC widget.

Real-time clock allows you to get time from server. You can preselect any timezone on UI to get time on hardware in required locale. No pin required for RTC widget.

Ah I hadn’t realised to add the RTC widget. Makes sense now.

So I added the RTC widget, set that to Sydney. Now everytime the time is sent it will be syd time on the server. Then the server will set the timer virtual pin high when the start time is met. Then low when the stop time is met I believe.

If I set both times the same, this will momentarily make the virtual pin go high to trigger something in my sketch only once yes?

I don’t know… I would think you need to give is a few seconds at least. Probably best to have it trigger the action, then use flags in your code to make sure it only actions once.

Makes sense.

I’ll make it record the last known value to the virtual pin. When the value changes by 1 or - 1 (maybe “absolute” if that exists, or unsigned integer) then trigger, else do nothing.

I’ll make the timer for 1 minute then.

I have written the code below. My naming of variables is confusing I know but I think this should work when I can upload the code to the Arduino.

I have two virtual pins. One is the timer (V50), and another that turns the timer on (the timeron variable)

BLYNK_WRITE(V50)
{
  int pinValue = param.asInt(); // read incoming value from pin V50
  timermet = pinValue; // assign pin value to its own variable
  if (timermet == 1)
  {
    if (timeron == 1);
    {
      timerondiff = 1 - timeronold;
      if (timerondiff == 1)
      {
      timeronold = 1;
      portions = multiserve;
      distribute();
      }

}
  }
  else
      {
        timeronold = 0;
      }
}

@Pete_Repeat all your suggestions are correct. For more advanced usage it is recommended to use the Eventor Time Events (with timezone setting).

@Pete_Repeat all your suggestions are correct. For more advanced usage it is recommended to use the Eventor Time Events (with timezone setting).