The Great Table Widget Community Challenge!

Hello fellow Blynkers!

I have recently been experimenting with the Table Widget, and have put out a request for more features!

But the devs require more feedback, so I challenge the community to come up with a working program which highlights a new use for the Table Widget.

I have already come up with my own use, a history log of an event with time and string value.

What can you come up with?

Please post up your idea, a QR clone code and your full code (formatted correctly please) so we can all test it out!

If you can’t make your idea happen due to current limitations of the widget, please tell us why and how the table could be improved!

3 Likes

A great option would be to have the table rows deselected when they’re entered.
And have the option to deselect a row via the index number.

Example:

Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, "deselect", rowIndex);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, "select", rowIndex);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, "unpick", rowIndex);
2 Likes

I personally need a value refresh without updating the whole table.

2 Likes

Add icons where the status LED is now

Auto update would be handy!

Sorry to bring an old topic back up, but looking into the detailed docs, it appeared that updating tables was still not implemented. In a personal project, a weather station, I’m using the table to display values, humidity, average temp etc, in a table. It works okay, but is extremely inefficient in its coding.

void myTimerEvent1()
{
int relativehumidity = log(bme.readHumidity() / 100) + ((17.62 * bme.readTemperature()) / (243.5 + bme.readTemperature()));
int dewpointc = bme.readTemperature() - ((100-relativehumidity)/5);
int dewpointf = (dewpointc * 18 + 325)/10;

Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, "clr");
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, "add", 1, "Temperature C",bme.readTemperature());
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, "add", 2, "Temperature F", (bme.readTemperature() * 18 + 325)/10);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, "add", 3, "Humidity", bme.readHumidity());
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, "add", 4, "Dew Point", dewpointf);
}

Thanks for all your hard work, the app has come a long way since its kickstarter days!

1 Like

Sorry also here about bringing it up, but I was thinkint about use this widget and I think it is very limited even that it could be a very powerful widget…

I’m starting to do a new watering device, my device can water the plants more than 8 times a day and also it have 6 valves (that can be opened 8 times a day)
A table that can hold HOUR #VALVE and SECONDS (more than only two columns) could be a great idea, also can have the weekday if more than 3 columns available

I hope the devs can do a variable column table for this and other projects.

Thanks!

1 Like

All good bringing up this old thread as the Table does deverve some more development.

I just started experimenting with the Table widget. I too feel it has a LOT of potential, and deserves more attention! I was planning to use it as a kind of “event log”. I see here https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/issues/324 that the Table IS getting some attention, with an “update” command implemented for the next (0.4.8) release. I would like to see the ability to also delete a row by swiping it to the right or left, but I’m not sure what kind of development effort that would be. If implemented, there would need to be an option to enable/disable delete in widget settings, otherwise it would potentially “break” behavior for anyone using it as a list of command buttons.

The other thing that would be nice is the ability to change the icon. As far as I can tell, if enabled, it’s always the same green dot. It would be great if you could set an arbitrary value in the “icon” column–not to exceed a rather narrow width, of course. It could be used for things like category codes of say 1-3 characters, or…send a Unicode string to display an icon (ex: \xE2\xAD\x90 would display a star…it already works when including such a string in one of the column values. :grin:).

1 Like

@tkamin don’t worry, we will for sure improve table widget when we have time :wink:.

1 Like

The Table widget is convenient to use as a list of parameters and their values.
Please add the ability to select only one entry.

Below is an example of usage (screenshot)