Terminal Widget- Number of Messages Displayed

I am using the terminal widget on a number of templates and the maximum number of displayed messages on the iOS app is 10. On the Web console the maximum messages displayed is well over 100.

In the documentation (Widgets (app) - Blynk Documentation) it states the maximum number of messages displayed is 25.

I am using Arduino IDE 2.1.0, Blynk version 1.2.0, iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.6.1, Blynk app 3.6.1(0) and my Blynk plan is a Plus 15. The server/region is ny3.
I experience this issue with an ESP8266-01, NodeMCU ESP 8266-12 and Wemos ESP8266 mini.
Here is the stripped down code I used to test this on an ESP8266-01:

#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID "Redacted"
#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_NAME "Test Template"
#define BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN "Top Secret Stuff"
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <Blynk.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <credentials.h> // Passwords, SSID, etc stored here
WidgetTerminal terminal(V0);
BlynkTimer timer;
int n;
String RandomNumber;
BLYNK_CONNECTED() {
  Blynk.syncAll();
}
void setup() {
  Blynk.begin(BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN, ssid, pass);
  timer.setInterval(1000, SendData);
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run(); 
}

void SendData() {
  n++;
  RandomNumber = String(random(1, 1000));
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, RandomNumber);
  terminal.println(String(n) + " " + RandomNumber + F(" Blynk v" BLYNK_VERSION));
  terminal.flush();
} 

Hi,

10 messages is the correct count for max messages in Terminal on mobile for the Plus plan. 25 - is for Pro plan. We just recently added history support and haven’t updated the doc everywhere.

We will fix the documentation and add more correct notice on the limits. By the way, there are separate pages for every widget. Widgets (apps) page will be removed soon; it exists only for old apps to have working links.

Thank you for adding the history support AND the dark mode for iOS. They were missed.

2 Likes