Terminal is clearing after restart of app

Hello, I want to use the terminal widget as a log screen and for some reason when the app closes, it clears the screen… im using the write node in node red to send the data…

I looked at old threads that had the same issue but that was back in 2021 and blynk said the will fix it in a couple weeks…

What type of Blynk subscription do you have, and how many lines of data are you trying to display?

Pete.

im on the pro plan and trying to display 1 line to start with

According to this it should work…

Are you using the web console app or mobile app (and if so which O/S) ?

Pete.

Im using the android app on a samsung s24. I encourage you to try it yourself.

I don’t have an Android device.

Pete.

Hahaha. reminds me when i called into Microsoft about there product that was having a software bug and i told them they are the manufacture, try it for yourself. And they replied and said they don’t have one, they use iPad’s. LOL

Anyways, Does it work on IOS?

I guess from that comment that you think I work for Blynk?

I’ve just tested it, and yes it does work with iOS app version 3.7.4 (0) and node-red-contrib-blynk-iot v1.0 with a Blynk Pro account and one line of text written to a String virtual datastream.

Pete.

hmm And you can go home screen, clear all apps, then open blynk and that terminal will still display that string?

Doesn’t quite work like that in iOS.
I can kill the app then relaunch it and the text is still there.
I can also open the Blynk app on a totally different iOS device and the text is still there

Pete.

Could be just Android issue. checking.

Could you please add terminal to the web console and check if it works there?

sure… Same issue, when i reload the page on chrome the terminal clears. im using v45 and enabled the history data…

Same for me with the web terminal.
Adding it doesn’t show the datastream string text (but the text is visible in the datastreams tab).
Re-sending it from Node-Red displays the text, but refreshing the web page clears the text.

iOS app works as expected.

Pete.

Will this get fixed on next update? I’m paying for a service that should work…

Yes. Sure.

@danhoo please, try doing the following steps:

1. Add the terminal on the web console
  2. Send some messages to it from your hardware or web console
  3. Check if those messages are appears on your mobile dashboard across application re-launches