Swipe for switching through the tabs

OK, one last point… and one I probably should have realised the comparison to earlier.

When switching projects… I have 10 right now, got rid of a few rarely used ones… I have to do that exact swipe, swipe, swipe, thing to get to the one I want. I hate it! I would much rather have a Tab like option with a quick, swipe the Titles and click the choice, anyday.

@Costas PS I don’t think we should be adding a new subcategory / tag option for every idea… we would have hundreds of new ones in no time :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m assuming the tag feature is for optimum SEO.

You would probably know best :wink: But I think it is primarily an internal Discourse thing for our organisation and reference. I suspect Google bots crawl through all the text anyhow :face_with_monocle:

If I understand you correctly, the issue is about scrolling TABS widget on the ‘old tabs’ that are not at the top of the dashboard. I don’t think we’ll enhance current backward compatibility support for them, by the way, we’ll rework tabs soon into the project’s settings (with better settings for them, like reordering and etc), so they wouldn’t be a widget.

2 Likes

I started using Blynk few days ago, so i don’t really understand what’s “old tabs” . when I said swype trough the tabs I ment the screens actually (where the widgets are, not the tabs widget) ,straight away. Not by swyping the tabs titles then click one of them. I’m using the app for the last 3 days and i’m still trying to swype my finger in the middle of the screen to get the next screen (next tab). The old, old habbits of using the samsung’s launcher with all the homescreen it is to deep stored into my fingers, i think.

And yes, that’s sound great! I really found it unusualy unnatural to create a widget that wil allow me to have multiple screens of the same project. First time I created a new project for my second device, then I realised it wil “ignore” my first microcontroller.

Like any new App, you will get used to it… Then as you start to use different widgets you will appreciate that random swiping across the screen might not be a good idea as you activate various widgets along the way :stuck_out_tongue: I do that every once in awhile when swiping up and down… even only using the side. Guess I am not as deft a phone user as your average teanager :slight_smile:

Not sure I understand this issue… but please create a new topic for it and supply further details on what you are using and trying to do with them.