Superchart Number Format in Excel

Hi,

Im currently making a project using NodeMCU ESP8266 connected to Blynk App using Personal Hotspot Connection from my iphone. Im using 2 slider on Blynk App to replicate a temperature sensor, and distance/ultrasonic sensor. The codes are:

float setpoint1 = 0;
float setpoint2 = 0;

BlynkTimer timer;

BLYNK_WRITE(V1)
{
  setpoint1 = param.asFloat();
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V2)
{
  setpoint2 = param.asFloat();
}

void loop() {

temperature = setpoint1;
   distance = setpoint2;

Blynk.run();
   timer.run();

Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, output);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V4, temperature);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V3, distance);

Everything is already works fine but my question is regarding the superchart .csv export file.

original format after I merged 3 .csv file into one sheet:

Method I used to split that data (from each .csv file):

The number format is sometimes confusing. From this table the temperature sometimes written in format that’s easily understood like:

“44.98” , “48.4” , “30.0”

but sometimes it’s written :
“25884615384615300” , “2637037037037030” , “336653846153846”

Is there format number on excel that im missing so those .csv file will be written into number easily understood?

I also using Excel from Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise to open this .csv file.

Thanks before

Okay, the first thing you need to do is to change your code so that you don’t have these Blynk.virtualWrite commands in your void loop, as this will flood the server with data.
These virtualWrites need to be in a function that is called with a timer, and there can never be more than 10 virtualWrites or equivalent per second.

http://help.blynk.cc/getting-started-library-auth-token-code-examples/blynk-basics/keep-your-void-loop-clean

Secondly, if you haven’t already read and understood it, you should read the information about granularity at the end of this Superchart section in the documentation…

https://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-displays-superchart

You should also be aware that, if you are using the the Blynk cloud servers then you’ll be able to retrieve a maximum of the last 10 day’s worth of data via the CSV export or Reports widget. This may affect your plans for using this method of data storage.

Once you stop flooding the server with massive amounts of data, I think your readings may be more sensible, but if not then maybe using a simple ROUND function in Excel will give you the data you are looking for.

Pete.

1 Like

Hi Pete,

Thank you very much for this wonderful knowledge. Will read it for sure.

Regards,