Superchart does not plot values

Hello,

I have some trouble getting the superchart to run. I want to plot two different Values, one is a normal int value(e.g. 1, 54, 190, etc.). The other one is a float Value(e.g. 0.0199 or 11.526, etc.).

I want to show the values on a value Display as well as plot it into a superchart. Thats why I have added each value twice in the virtualWrite function. It looks something like this:

void myTimerEvent(){
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V0, valueA);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, valueA);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V2, valueB,2);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V3, valueB,2);
}

The value Display shows all values like it is supposed to. The Superchart however seems to have trouble plotting the float value. It plots the Int (ValueA), but not the float (ValueB).

Is there something I can do to make this work? The float value I want to plot is usually pretty small (like 0.12 or 0.08). Thats why I need at least two digits after the comma, four would be even better!

Thank you

I think you can display very small (float) values in SuperChart by selecting

1. Smaller MIN/MAX
  2. DECIMALS #.#, #.##, …,#.#####

In the worst case, you can just multiply the (float) by 100 or 1000 times before sending to Blynk.virtuaWrite()

Also you don’t need to assign different virtual pins for the Value Display and the Superchart - you only need to Blynk.virtualWrite to a single Vpin for each value, then select that pin for Value Display, Superchart (and however else you want to display that value).

cul
billd

1 Like

Apperently the Blynk.vitualWrite(); function does not allow limiting the number of figures in float variables after the comma.
With

Blynk.virtualWrite(V2, valueB);

everything works fine.