Stopped before I got started (SparkFun IOT Blynk box)

Please try the next build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqiyzb5i96f6412/main_app-universal-log.apk?dl=0

1. Reproduce your issue
  2. Go to projects list screen and open about screen by tap on the info button in top right corner
  3. Select ‘send log’ option and select Gmail or any othe email app to send the email to alexkipar@gmail.com
1 Like

OK, I was able to install the logger version of Blynk, and ran through the failing connection process, and then emailed you the log.

I know a little about programming. Certainly not enough to read the log and make total sense of it, but I did look at a copy of the log, and got the general basic impression that Blynk doesn’t like the hardware ID of my board? It does seem to show connected in lots of the log entrties, yet for some reason the overall operation of connecting and establishing a WiFi connection to my router is failing. Maybe that means it connects to my phone, but not to the router WiFi? I can see my router SSID in the log, but is my WiFi password supposed to be in there somewhere, because it is not?

I tried to set up the board after temporarily opening my WiFi Encryption, but it didn’t matter. It still would not connect.

@Phlogiston thanks for logs! Look like we found the possible reason. Working on the fix right now.

@Phlogiston fixed was applied. Could you please start over?

Sure! So I need to update the Blynk app? I don’t see an update… Did you apply a change to your server?

I’ll try connecting again as soon as I can today. :blush:

Still doesn’t work. I sent another log file. Somehow my phone had reverted back to the non-logging Blynk. I had to uninstall that and reinstall the logging version.

So far all I’ve heard from SparkFun support is their canned reply that they got my initial email asking for help.

Ok. Thanks. We will check new logs again.

adafruit and sparkfun support quality is a shame for such big companies. i also had some very bad experience with them…

You can add Pi-Top Support to that list.

Looks like I’ve been abandoned.

I’m sorry for not updating this thread,

But we are still investigating provisioning issues, we had found that on some devices it is not working, even passing all step correctly. Maybe in the next build it would be fixed. You could always just upload a sketch to you sparkfun board with your wifi credentials and start working with it without provisioning through the device. You could start from the almost ready code on our examples site:

https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=SparkFun%20Blynk%20Board&shield=ESP8266%20WiFi&example=GettingStarted%2FBlynkBlink

The major attraction for me on this kit from Sparkfun was the described feature that it can be used to do some things without needing programming code. I am working on learning the Raspberry Pi Terminal commands now, and I will eventually learn how to program. But learning it is a very slow process. In the interim I have found another software platform that appears to be working to allow similar functions triggered from a smartphone interface, without any program code involved.

Please come back and update this thread once you finally have all the glitches worked out of the Blink software.

@Phlogiston

From our experience, in most of the cases it’s not Blynk-related issue. With all our desire to help, there are things we can’t control, like hardware issues.

I’m glad you found a solution for now. We would love to see you back when maybe when you start working on your next project with a different hardware.

This is still an issue today with this kit on Android. Are there any new insights into this issue?