Specific Questions: Suitability of Blynk with WiFi but NO Internet Connection

I do not have any version of Blynk yet, but am considering it for a project. The situation is a constant need to re-boot (power cycle) the modem provided by my ISP and my WiFi router when internet service goes bad, which is a frequent occurrence - several times a day. My house is large and going to the office, where those items are located is often a pain. I have an Android cell phone (V 11) that I want to use to to initiate that re-boot. I plan to build a circuit that will be initiated by either a local push button or by a logic command from a system that is yet to be determined. That circuit will use a mechanical or solid state relay to break the AC power and then restore it about 10 to 30 seconds later, thus re-booting both devices. Of course, neither the internet nor my WiFi will be operating once that begins.

I would like to use my Android cell phone to initiate this action, probably using WiFi to transmit the command. I would also like to record the time and date of each such operation, either on my phone or on a computer that is normally connected to the WiFi. This recording operation could be performed before the power is cycled, while the WiFi is still operational. But I can not assume that the internet connection would be available.

I would like to know if your Blynk system would be suitable for this and what other components, hardware and software, would be needed to create such a system.

I suspect that this is a common problem with the big ISPs and I would publish a detailed description of how my system is created so it could possibly be a strong incentive for more people to use Blynk.

TIA for any answers.

No. You lose the ability to control devices via Blynk if you lose internet connectivity.
The legacy version of Blynk supported a local server option which didn’t require internet connectivity, but that is no longer supported and is an overkill anyway.

You could create an automatic rebooter which tries to ping an external website and reboots the router if the ping fails. In reality, you’d want to ping multiple websites and have multiple ping failures before doing the reboot.
This type of system wouldn’t use Blynk.

Pete.

Pete, Thanks for the fast reply.

I guess I will have to continue to search elsewhere.

Thanks again,
Paul A.

While I disagree with Pete regarding the utility of the Legacy Blynk local server, I wouldn’t go to any Blynk system merely for rebooting some of my local equipment. Any system on your WiFi could ping remote sites, detect loss of connectivity, log it locally and bounce your routers. My 8266 Blynk clients already do all of this but they connect to a local server and loss of internet connectivity is no big deal.