[Solved] SuperChart widget not always showing a Datastream

Hi there,
I have added the (amazing) SuperChart to a new project and I have found several missing points.
I’m doing a thermostat managed by a Relay, the datastream is linked to the Digital Pin using a Virtual Pin (cause there’re two WeMos with the same token) so, when the relay is ON, the temperature goes up and when is OFF goes down… easy.

As you can see, there’re two points where the Datastream is not there and the relay is ON (you can see the temperature is going up)
Is there any way to ensure the datastream is being reflected on the Superchart??

The set up is the next one:

-“Principal”: This datastream is showing the temperature from a DS18B20 sensor:

-“Supervisor”:This datastream is showing the temperature from a second DS18B20 sensor:

-“Relay”: The datastream is showing a Virtual Pin Linked to a Digital Pin.
When the Dpin is ON, the Virtual Pin is 2.
when the Dpin is OFF, the Virtual Pin is 0.

The option “Connect missing data points” is ON

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Like

Do you see this points in csv export?

It does nothing when I click on “Export to CSV” and press “Continue”… nevertheless, if I create a new project, the e-mail is sent properly…

APP version 2.15.2 and Local Server v0.28.0(java8)
Android ZTE Axon 7.

@psoro any errors in blynk.log?

Nothing strange for me…

(My local server is two hours behind)
You can see the line “creating new dashboard” I told you, I tried several times to Export the data before and after that without success.
Could it be the files “server.properties” or “mail. properties”?
A few days ago my SD was corrupted and I had to install an old backup version… I just notice I didn’t update the files…

Let me update the server.properties and come back to you

Wow!
It seems server.properties is the key here… Lots of messages…:sweat_smile:

I need extra-time to solve it by myself…

Hi @Dmitriy,

I have updated the server.properties, created my own SSL certificates BUT now I can see next message:

Error sending push. Reason General SSLEngine problem.

A little bit of help will be appreciated. Thanks

@psoro, off topic, but it’s related to you project. (if you wish, i can remove this question from here.)

i’m working on a modular heating system, controlled by sonoff units and ds18.

we have a quite big house, but we do not use all the time all rooms. because of this, in some rooms we need quite different temperature for the winter time.

to reduce the bills, i’m thinking of putting together some electrical heating units, consisting of a simple and cheap electrical heater + a sonoff th10 + ds18 + blynk.

i plan to mount a sonoff th10 to the side of every heater, and to monitor and set the temperature for every room from my phone. however, what i’m thinking about, is how / where to place the ds18 to not be affected by the heat generated by the sonoff or by the heater?

how are you dealing with this problem? are you using a separate esp for just measuring the temperature, and separate esp to turn on / off the relay? that would mean extra wiring in every room and double the number of esp devices needed…

• i would like to keep the system as simple and “invisible” as possible (no extra wires, devices, etc). this can be nicely done if the sonoff is installed on the side of the heater. i just cut the mains wire before entering into the heater and hook up the sonoff.

• measure and set the temperature in every room independently

• make the “hacked” heaters standalone / portable if needed

I know @psoro uses the DS18B20’s with 1m “cables” because he sent me one when I received 2 bad batches from the Far East.

ok, it means i have the same model: sensor in inox tube + 1 m cable. but i wonder where / how to fix the sensors…

• if i put too low, at the base of the heater device, than it would measure the colder air from the floor -> incorrect values

• if i fix them to the side of the heater, it can be affected by the heat radiating from the device -> incorrect values

• if i fix the sensors to the wall, further apart from the heater, it is ugly and not portable

Looking at “the heating system” IMHO the location of the sensor is not critical. It’s the same with most systems as the temperature will vary quite a bit throughout the room. Temperature monitoring might seem an exact science with 12 bit resolution but it’s not really when it comes to home heating.

Set the parameters and then adjust according to your needs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@wanek I am unsure of the type of heater you are referring to, but generally for fan forced heaters, the sensor is on the intake side of the fan… picks up ambient temperature, as pertains to the heaters point of view, and in no danger of burning up.

@psoro, do you have, or want to make, a “Projects made with Blynk” topic that we can move these discussions to? So as not to detract from resolving your OP issue here.

No worries mate!

Just try to keep the sensor out of the box… :wink:

I use two ESP’s cause I want to ensure the temperature is under control. In my project, the temperature will be about 65ºC so, one ESP is controlling the Relay and taking measurements and the other is taking care about the process taking measurements also.
Imagine the first one is out of control while the relay is ON, the temperature will go up up and up and my project will be burn… BUT, as I added a second ESP, once the temperature is 5º out of range, the system will be shut down.
Please, see here for more tips:
https://community.blynk.cc/t/what-would-be-your-ultimate-blynk-project/9089/7?u=psoro

That’s correct my friend!

No please, let’s leave it as it is right now, I hope @Dmitriy is gonna provide some tips to solve it…
I want to show in detail this project posting a new topic. I’m just testing again the way to obtain the best results (this would be the third time…:sweat_smile:)

Regards

1 Like

@Gunner, although the heater i’m using has a small fan, but i never use it, because it is noisy and not too useful. but based on your idea, and @psoro recommendation, i will experiment to put somewhere on the bottom part of the heater, where the cold air goes in.

@psoro, i see why it is important the 2 sensors in your project, but in my case it is not critical. i need much lower temperatures, and the heater anyway has an additional thermostat (not too precise and very loud, but it works as an emergency / backup)

1 Like

A few more:

I tried to Clone the Project to use my account at your Server to be able to export the CSV data without success…

Is there any issue if I just downgrade my local server to v0.27.2 to be able to clone it and use your Blynk server to export the CSV file??

@psoro so you are not able to make CSV export on your local server? Still nothing happens and no errors in logs?

P. S. downgrade is not recommended.

Hi @Dmitriy, I’m still stuck on the same issue “Error sending push. Reason General SSLEngine problem”

Not sure about the way to solve it by myself, my knowledge is limited here…

I have no idea either. Do you still see this in your logs?

Nope, right now there’re no messages in my logs but it does nothing…

See below my logs:

There’s something new at that file (see red circle), the server wasn’t working as expected so I have checked the logs before restart, now it’s working as always. It is the first time this thing happen to me.

I already improved logging for that case so in next server version message will be more precise. Regarding “Reason General SSLEngine problem”. Do push notification work for you right now?