[SOLVED]Strange mouse behavior when connecting the USB cable to the PC

Hello, I’m new to this from Blynk I’m having the following problem.
I have a Windows 10, a PC with Intel 3GHz, 8Mgh RAM, Arduino v1.6.4 and also Arduino 1.6.8.

The whole system works correctly even when opening the Arduino IDE. I have noticed that sometimes when connecting the USB cable (USB2 or USB3), the behavior of the system is normal and I can compile and upload the sketch to the NodeMCU ESP8266.

On other occasions, without having made any changes, it behaves erratically, with the effect of mouse jumps for all the applications that have been used in the console, without an explanation, to avoid it.

It seems that it is a question of the USB drivers, I thought about installing the CH341SER or SER-win, but it did not improve the result. I have also uninstalled Python in case it interferes at some point and does not seem to influence it.

Someone can help me, I’m in a dead end street.

P.S. I regret my ignorance of English.

I’m thinking you have grounding issue somehow… but I have no idea where to even begin to trouble shoot it.

1 Like

Hi Lichtsignaal.
Thanks for answer so soon. By the way, I do not understand your point of view, that has to do with the ground connection. Note that as I say, sometimes the system works perfect, other times it becomes “crazy”, the mouse is triggered by any browser in the toolbar or Arduino itself, to jump back to another file that Have in the toolbar. I can not control the mouse pointer, until I disconnect the USB from the NodeMCU card.
Anyway, I appreciate your interest.

Hello again here.
Trying to find a reason for this strange behavior, I installed a new version of the Arduino IDE, version 1.8.1 from the installer.exe Which has partially solved the problem, and I say partly because now it shows me the following error:

Card nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, packaging esp8266) not found.
Compilation error on NodeMCU 1.0 card (ESP-12E Module).

This is all very strange. (Since I did a clean installation of Windows 10, I have only encountered problems and more problems. Will there ever be a problem with this Windows System?)
Sorry, it’s a reflection out loud.

Any ideas?

I get this sometimes when my USB port runs out of available power.

It will make the mouse jump around the screen until you unplug the MCU.

Try a different port, cable or unplug all other USB devices and try again.

Hello jamin
Thanks for cooperating to solve this problem, some reason you have with your approach, since I have observed that sometimes it does not even detect the COM port and when changing USB connection, it finds it and soon stops working again giving the mentioned jumps .
Well, it seems that we are heading towards a consensus response, to improve the drivers to achieve a better job.

Thank you for your contribution Jamin.

1 Like

You definitely seem to have a PC related issue

As suggested by @Jamin (aka Master :wink: ) I also suspect power issues on your USB ports (not drivers)… and power issues are not an uncommon thing. Also, there are many noted communication issues with common (USB2) MCUs connected with USB3.

I recommend you try a good quality, powered, USB 2.0 hub (even if plugged into a USB3 port - none of this stuff requires USB3 speed).

Hello Gunner.

As far as my ignorance goes that I did not discover Master Jamin, I’m sorry.
Returning to the subject, it is really based what you let us glimpse, and is not for lack of reason, well well you have a reasoned idea that can lead to the solution.

And being so, it may help the USB with the contribution of a battery to the circuit, so as to improve the shot of the start, What do you think?

Sorry for any confusion… My comment about “Master” was just an inside joke for @Jamin [quote=“Vicen, post:8, topic:12094”]
And being so, it may help the USB with the contribution of a battery to the circuit, so as to improve the shot of the start, What do you think?
[/quote]

The translation is confusing… but If you meen powering the NodeMCU ESP8266 externally (Battery or power adapter) while programming it on the USB cable from the PC, then Yes, that might also help.

The translation is confusing... but If you meen powering the NodeMCU ESP8266 externally (Battery or power adapter) while programming it on the USB cable from the PC, then Yes, that might also help.

I meant:

And being so, you can help the USB with the contribution of a battery to the circuit, in order to improve the power supply, what do you think?

In fact, I applied a 3.3V battery to the power circuit and I tried to connect the USB and Voilà !, so far does not show the problem of jumping the mouse.

I think the problem has been solved, thanks to the contribution of the two Jamin as Gunner. I’m going to prove that it works for a few sketches and in the best case I’ll add “Solved”

1 Like

I think I’ve discovered that cause the mouse to skip through all applications.
I have changed the USB cable for a new one and solved the problem. Everything works properly, indicating that the old cable has cut off the VCC power cable.

[Creo que he descubierto que la causa que el ratón saltara por todas las aplicaciones.
He cambiado el cable del USB por uno nuevo y resuelto el problema. Todo funciona como es debido, lo que indica que el viejo cable tiene cortado el cable de alimentación VCC.]

1 Like