[SOLVED] Particle Electron support

I have not had time to try it yet. I will not be back home until early next week so it may be a while. I will update you on the outcome.
Thanks again

I have my electron and asset tracker shield running with the beta firmware. Works well from what I can see but my issue at the moment is that the extra ā€˜Bā€™ ports on the electron arenā€™t available in Blynk.
Iā€™m working on monitoring some analogue ports but some of the A ports are used by the accelerometer on the asset tracker.

Howā€™s the work going on getting it officially supported?

I.

Hello. Here is https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/issues/104 ticket with status. Waiting for @vshymanskyy to make it work.

Hey Dmitriy, looks like vhymanskyy closed the ticket with vers 0.5.0! Many of us are anxious for Blynk on our Electrons. Soon perhaps? BTW, I love Blynk! Been using it on my PiZero and iPhone for months! Great product. Please keep it up!

1 Like

@vshymanskyy could you please answer?

Did you try using Blynk with Electron FW 0.5.0 ?

1 Like

Not yet. Iā€™ve been on travel but home now so I will try it tonight.

1 Like

Blynk success with firmware 0.5.0! Thanks! Looking forward to pressing my Particle into Blynk service. Took me a bit to get the firmware successfully flashed. Tried OTA first but that did not take. Not sure why. Next went to DFU mode but then realized the DFU utilities in the Particle documentation are for Windows and Iā€™m on a Mac. But a ā€œbrew install dfu-utilā€ worked. I then used the ā€œParticle CLI (locally over USB with individual binaries)ā€ version of the firmware install at: https://github.com/spark/firmware/releases/tag/v0.5.0.

1 Like

Have you got your electron to work with blynk on the new library 3.5??? and firmware 5.1???

1 Like

Iā€™m about to get back into this, is the electron officially supported now or do I have to jump through a few hoops to get it going? I need to flash the newest firmware then load my code and thatā€™s it? Should an OTA update work? Seems too easy, but thatā€™s what blynk is all about right! Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

it should just work. If you have any issues - tell us.
Be warned that using Blynk on Electron you can easily eat your data plan!

I updated the firmware to 5.1 and blynk just says particle electron is offline.
i removed the blynk library and re added it hoping it was an older version, also refreshed the token but still no luck. Am i missing something

Not sure if itā€™s related but when I try to email my token it says request fail - server busy - try again later. Is the server down? I did create the controls a few months ago, maybe I need to delete it and start over.

Edit: I started with a fresh control and token but still doesnā€™t connect. Iā€™ve been flashing OTA and that seems to work just fine.

Edit: After reading THIS POST i changed Blynk.begin(auth); to Blynk.begin(ā€œtokenā€, IPAddress(45,55,130,102), 8442); and it seems to be working now. Awesome!

1 Like

I just want you all to know that I love you guys! and your extremely frustration saving posts!

2 Likes

Blynk + Electron has been working fine for me for several weeks now.

1 Like

hello areu guys useing this example that blynk provide with out changing any thing in it ?
i read that we have to change the heart beat to 10 so it wont take lot of data
how is it going so far with u guys is it reasnable to use to with blynk with our spending more data per month ?more than 1m

am trying to make remote start for my car with blynk

this is the code that blynk provide

```
/* Comment this out to disable prints and save space */
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

// Uncomment this, if you want to set network credentials
//#include "cellular_hal.h"
//STARTUP(cellular_credentials_set("broadband", "", "", NULL));

// Run "ping blynk-cloud.com", and set Blynk IP to the shown address
#define BLYNK_IP        IPAddress(45,55,130,102)

// Set Blynk hertbeat interval.
// Each heartbeat uses ~90 bytes of data.
#define BLYNK_HEARTBEAT 60

// Set Particle keep-alive ping interval.
// Each ping uses 121 bytes of data.
#define PARTICLE_KEEPALIVE 20

#include "blynk/blynk.h"

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "YourAuthToken";

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

delay(2000);

Particle.keepAlive(PARTICLE_KEEPALIVE);
  Blynk.begin(auth, BLYNK_IP);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  // You can inject your own code or combine it with other sketches.
  // Check other examples on how to communicate with Blynk. Remember
  // to avoid delay() function!
}
```

can u plz post the code that u used thanks
when am flashing the example above the electron is flashing red and blue its not flashing cyan