[SOLVED] (NodeMCU) Frequently getting disconnected from blynk server (with error - ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7))

Hello,

I am using NodeMCU to connect to blynk, and I was running my project for over a week 24*7 hours, suddenly from yesterday I noticed a strange behaviour that my device started frequently getting disconnected from the blynk server as soon as it gets connected.

All libraries are up to date.

No modification was done to code. I thought there was some problem with this particular project in Blnk app so I created a new one, but I am still facing same problem with this particular project. There are many projects in my blynk app but all of them are running fine without any problem except this one.

I still cannot understand why suddenly a project that was running 24*7hrs a day suddenly stopped yesterday that too when nothing was done.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Below is the message that I got from terminal:

[4255] Connected to WiFi
[4255] IP: 192.168.225.153
[4255]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.7 on NodeMCU

[5001] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442
[5311] Ready (ping: 1ms).
[10312] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442
[10628] Ready (ping: 1ms).

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v3de0c112
~ld
⸮[251] Connecting to Skimax
[6755] Connected to WiFi
[6755] IP: 192.168.225.153
[6755]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.7 on NodeMCU

[6761] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8442
[7113] Ready (ping: 1ms).
rl

Sounds like faulty/failing NodeMCU and/or power… You say you have other projects working OK, so if you have multiple NodeMCUs then try replacing/swapping the hardware and or power and see if the issue follows the hardware or stays with the location/sketch.

Nope, I’m posting here after rechecking every thing. Same hardware runs other project fine

Can anyone please elaborate “,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)”

Then perhaps say so at the beginning :wink: Not all of us read minds here.

Looks like power related (or firmware, or adjusted Flash size, etc… Basicly not Blynk specific)… all based on a quick Google check. But this isn’t my issue so I will leave the heavy reading to you. :wink:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ets+Jan+8+2013%2Crst+cause%3A2%2C+boot+mode%3A(3%2C7)&oq=ets+Jan+8+2013%2Crst+cause%3A2%2C+boot+mode%3A(3%2C7)&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Finds this at the top

Read all stuffs as suggested by google. And I’m going to assume for time now that it is not issue related to hardware. My data logger says that device was working correctly till 17hrs ago starting from now. Since no kind of modification was done to hardware or software I will assume that it’s not the issue related to hardware neither with my programming. As it happened within 17hrs there has been some kind of update some where that is causing the problem of reboot which is “ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)”.

I was searching for this specific problem but google disappointed me with quick search. Now it’s a time for some time consuming troubleshooting. There should must be a library throwing this particular error, finding out that library and getting in depth with it will surely reveal its actual cause.

Anyone who can provide support with “ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)” are welcomed.

Thanks Gunner

Bad assumption.

You have said yourself it has been running 24/7 without any changes. Solutions in other Google posts have referenced both better quality power and reflashing to have resolved the rebooting and errors. To me it sounds like memory corruption or something similar in the flash… things that can happen with a long term running process and/or bad power.

You say same hardware works with other projects… fine, I can’t confirm or denied that claim, but it does run counter to other references found on Google.

That is funny… Bad Google, next time give the man the quick and simple answer :stuck_out_tongue:

I already did (and so did Google, about 131,000 of them, all based on that exact error)… but sorry, no silver plater… still awaiting my shipment of them from China.

Meanwhile, it is clearly NOT Blynk specific and this is fundamentally a Blynk forum for Blynk assistance, etc. So you are welcome for what little I could do… but I will leave you to your mystery.

Well my assumption was correct[quote=“Gunner, post:6, topic:14499”]
You have said yourself it has been running 24/7 without any changes. Solutions in other Google posts have referenced both better quality power and reflashing to have resolved the rebooting and errors. To me it sounds like memory corruption or something similar in the flash… things that can happen with a long term running process and/or bad power.
[/quote]

Well you were wrong, and there are millions of IoT projects that runs 24*7 hrs a day for over months and even years.

Google did its best as per as my search query.[quote=“Gunner, post:6, topic:14499”]
I already did (and so did Google, about 131,000 of them, all based on that exact error)… but sorry, no silver plater… still awaiting my shipment of them from China.
[/quote]

I don’t think so. Most of the libraries are not designed to handle error at run time, so in case of a sudden hardware failure at small level which affects a sensor and if library can’t detect this faulty sensor and some action is not taken to stop this sensor, then it can do something nasty and if even library is not intelligent at all, in my case I believe its the watchdog timer that resets the esp for which it showed “ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)” as I believe library was stucked while fetching data from sensor.
In my case sensor was not faulty, one wiring was badly damaged.[quote=“Gunner, post:6, topic:14499”]
Meanwhile, it is clearly NOT Blynk specific and this is fundamentally a Blynk forum for Blynk assistance, etc.
[/quote]

Please let us know if this forum is strictly for blynk related issue and also let us know what to do if one faces a problem while using blynk and don’t know exactly it is a problem with blynk or not, and what to do if one at the end ultimately find outs its not blynk related issue.

Anyway I had solved my problem.

It was issue with wiring of one sensor which triggered a series of events that led to a near catastrophic result, which was the cause of “ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)”; thanks to watchdog timer.

Thanks to the Man with a empty Gun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey, I encouraged you to think and you solved your issue… I call that a successful “job” and you are welcome :wink: