(SOLVED - LCD Widget is not I2C "compatible") I need ur help guys

first off all i liked the idea of blynk aaaaaaand then i tried it more and more got more in to it and found a heck of a lot off bugs
i wanted to screen a WidgetLCD and a realy one and then it hit me its not compatible
okay =/ but no problem for me i can do it so got a new uno and tried it again one running a 20,4 and the other using a lan shield with a WidgetLCD that only has 16,2 i needed to train me in to typing lcd.print(xx,xx something) instead of lcd.setCursor(); lcd.print(); and and it still dont what to work to good i just need to have 0 before single digit numbers
and it does not look to good it gets all bugy and it getting weird glitches
and on a 16,2 its just dont look right a needed to change everything and its still dosent look right

so pls guys help me how can i use to screens or some on fix it or help me to fix the write issue
‘class WidgetLCD’ has no member named ‘write’

I think you will find that most of the bugs are due to lack of indepth reading of >the documentation< and spending some quality time testing with the >example sketches<.

The LCD widget… it is NOT meant to control a physical one… rather give us an LCD like display in the app. And it can’t get much easier to use. Try searching for LCD Widget in the forums… I have written about it a few times and included simple examples.

ohh heck no the bug are from the blynk side not mine im to long in the game to make such mistakes

lcd.clear();  //  Clear the LCD Widget screen
  lcd.print(2, 0, "OK, Have Fun");  // note how setting the first character 2 spaces from the left and on 0 (first) line)
  lcd.print(0, 1, "Fixing 'bugs' ;)");

And I repeat… LCD Widget in Blynk has NOTHING to do with how you control a physical LCD.

can i even control a physical one and a Widget at the same time

Like walking and chewing gum… two completely separate functions.

But with a Widget and Physical LCD, while you need to program the delivery method independently, there is no reason they can’t both use the same string variable.

But you are too long in the game to not know how to do that, right?

1 Like

no i doesnt no thant bcs it has a problem with it i2c lcd lib

soo thanks for the info
For beginners u cant use a i2c and a widget lcd
u cant use write so u cant have 0 in front of single digit numbers
the only thing i can say stick to Physical lcds
and u have just a 16,2 lcd as a widget

The LCD is only meant as a nice looking 16x2 LCD like display on the phone (and even has RGB background colour options)… Easier to use than physical LCDs… Great for beginners to have fun with!

Blynk isn’t here to teach you how to program for I2C or other complicated coding issues… If you what to learn how to do that, Google around for instructables using those types of physical LCDs.

if in your Blynk app, you want more characters across or more lines down, and/or other special types of data display, then try the >Terminal Widget< and the >Value & Labeled Display Widgets<.

Lots of options, and all bugs killed dead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i DONT want to LEARN I2C I WANT TO USE THE LCD WIDGET LIKE I USE A I2C LCD TO DISPLAY STUFF

BUT YOUR PHONE IS NOT AN I2C DEVICE :astonished:

And I want a pony, but Blynk isn’t going to give me that either. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am finished with this useless topic.

^^ gg

If you want to use Lcd widget like you would a physical one, Gunner just partially showed you how to do it. But there is no i2c involved in this. Is it clear enough?

This is how you push text from hardware to widget Lcd. Now go to blynk docs and read the Lcd part.

@jj_arduino

Yes. Write code for each and execute it at the same time in your code.

Im not sure what you mean about all the I2C non-sense, but surely you know how to use an LCD display? Whether its 9 digital pin, SPI or I2C, you need to write the code accordingly to make it work.

Then you have the Blynk LCD Widget which has its own code (this thread has examples).
It behaves very similar to the physical one, both in looks and output, but, it doesnt share code with the physical one.

So just code for both, or write a little function that outputs to both like below:

WidgetLCD blynk_lcd(V1);

void printLCD(int y, int x, String data){
  // do Blynk LCD widget code
  blynk_lcd.clear();
  blynk_lcd.print(x, y, data);
  // then do physical LCD code
  phys_lcd.setCursor(x, y);
  phys_lcd.print(data);
}

Then run this anywhere to save coding space…

printLCD(2,0,"Hello Blynkers!");

No need to scream. There is a very fine example in the Blynk Arduino examples list for the LCD widget. What more do you want?

guys its okay a know it unbeliveble but i know u to control a widget lcd and a i2c lcd buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
HOW TO USE A LCD WIDGET AND A I2C AT THE SAME TIME
BTW I KNOW MY PHONE IS NOT A i2c SCREEN and its not a REMOTE its just sending data and reciving data why i can stream the widget on my phone
U CANT USE A i2c and a WIDGET with the lcd i2c lib is ther another lib that i can use to do it