[solved] iOS app: Password issue when abroad?

Hi Blynkers - I’ve been using the Blynk IoT app (version 1.28) on my ipad at home (Germany) without problem. When trying to launch the app here in Portugal it wont accept my password. I guess I could reset my password - but is there a simpler solution?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, use old app version. Please download from App Store last iOS Blynk IoT app.

Thank you for quick response. I am using Blynk IoT version 1.28 which is the latest version on the app store.

Last version should be 3.5.4 (0).

Please provide a screenshot from About page in app

@Oleksii-QA He can’t get to the about page in the app, because he can’t get past the login screen.

The iOS App Store shows an Apple allocated version number, which is 1.28
I have this installed and in the app it shows as 3.5.4 (0)

Pete.

Thanks Pete, exactly right. Can’t get past the log in screen.

@Aggertroll are you sure you’ve not had a few too many glasses of the local vino? It’s strong stuff you know! :rofl:

Pete.

@Aggertroll Checked your subscription. Your original server at registration is fra1. Perhaps from Portugal you are connected to the London server. Do you only have one account on the servers?

@PeteKnight You think that could be it? I’ll test with a different wine tonight.

1 Like

I have only one account. I can log in via the browser interface no problem.
Tell you what: don’t worry about it for my sake. I thought there might be a simple reason. We’ll see if it fixes itself when I am back bome.

Hi @Aggertroll

Thank you for the report. If you could send us app logs it would help us investigate the issue. To send logs:

• quit the Blynk IoT App
  • go to system Settings app, find Blynk there and enable logging
  • launch Blynk IoT app and try to login
  • go back to initial app screen, tap&hold on the Blynk logo there. The About screen will appear.
  • from About screen tap Send Logs. Type a quick note what the issue is about.

I did exactly as you said, you should receive my email.
The app usually connects to fra1.blynk.cloud.
About screen says Version 3.5.4 (0), Account - , Server (null)() .

1 Like

Do you see the letter in your Sent? Cause I don’t see it in our Inbox…

Gmail returned the email saying it was missing a SPF or DKIM certification. So I sent the log file to hello@blynk.cc instead. You should find it there. Sorry for the difficulties.

Thanks for report. Should be fixed now.

Wow, you are awesome! Works. Thanks, and all the best.

@Dmitriy, @Aggertroll, I’m having the same problem, what was the solution adopted?

@Dmitriy fixed it - I am sure he can help you too. Blynk has excellent user support.

Hi @Giovannirambo
It would be helpful if you follow the same steps and send us app logs.

same problem, please help