[Solved] Eventor behavior (bug/feature?)

Time to add a a little something.

Following is the case. Couple of ESP’s with Relays and PWM output managing my local lights. In my dashboard I have a single button to switch all lights on/off. This is just a V-pin button, so there is no code. The ESP’s have just a simple BLYNK_WRITE to turn on/off the relays (also V-pins).

Eventor widget:

ESP’s:
Event: At 6.00am switch on V-pin 26
Event: At 7.00am switch off V-pin 26

Button on V-pin 26
Event: When V-pin 26 is HIGH, set V-pin 24 High (Relay 1), also set V-pin 25 High (relay 2), also set V-pin 23 to 1023 (PWM output on 2nd ESP).
Event When V-pin 26 is LOW, set V-pin 24 to 0 etc.

Now. when I add the V-pins to the timed Event everything works fine, but when I try to trigger all V-pins to turn on on V-pin 26 HIGH it doesn’t work.

I figured if I combine all my lights in 1 V-pin it makes the Events much easier to follow. E.g. when I add a new relay I only have to add it to the two Events on V-pin 26 (which has two events, all on, all off).

Any thoughts?

I don’t know why it isn’t documented clearer, but in my testing a while back I found that with Eventor, set pin to is “likened to PWM” in that it can be set to a range of 0-1024 (or whatever, depending on MCU), so setting to 1 is still LOW

Use either a high enough range to actually trigger a HIGH signal or use turn ON pin

That;s good and all, but you cannot use turn ON with Vpins…

-edit

Guess I could do with sync feature, but I’d really like to prevent coding on the hardware side to keep things as simple as possible.

Guess I wasn’t paying attention to the V part of the whole Vpin :stuck_out_tongue:

But still, how does setting a vPin to 1 (or anything) trigger something on the hardware without hardware side code?

Because it triggers another Event. So I’d like to combine Events so I can just have one trigger.

E.g. Event1 triggers Event2 and Event3 to do something.

Got ya… In that case IDK… I once tried to make a Virtual LED automatically flash ON and OFF, all in Eventor, and nothing happened… I gave up and always used code from then on… :smiley:

Interesting… I was curious, so I set up a simple cascading “cause and effect” scenario with Virtual Buttons in “button” NOT “switch” mode… and it half works…

… Pressing 1st button visual changes the 2nd button’s state…

…but waits until that 2nd button is manually pressed before processing that state change… and so on…

So instead of an automatic chain of events, it needs to be manually activated each step.

Probably what you are running into @Lichtsignaal… so issue confirmed!! :smile:

Yeah, sort of like that! Thank you for duplicating the issue :slight_smile:

@Lichtsignaal @Gunner ha, I knew someone will try to do that :smile:. This is done by design. Otherwise, any user may setup endless recursive flow that eventually will kill the server.

I’ll update doc accordingly.

It can still have useful benefits I guess… can’t you mitigate the “dead server” potential the same way you have “fixed” the flooding issue?

@Gunner Well, 1.5 year passed since we introduced Eventor and this is the first time someone tried this feature. I think you got what I’m trying to say :wink:.

Guess I’ll just go back to the old ways and include more code to adjust for this specific button issue.

I’ll just code a second or third V-pin in all hardware. So be it! :slight_smile:

No, it is the first time someone has conclusively diagnosed how it doesn’t work :wink: I know I did try it, but moved onto coding instead. But now that it is known, perhaps someone else might want to validly use it, and as I just mentioned, you did “fix” the potential flooding issue already.

1 Like

@Dmitriy way back in Oct "16 the post was made that Eventor will soon be available in IOS. Did I miss something? I still do not see it in IOS. I have latest update for the app.

Continuing the discussion from No Eventor widget in my (IOS) app:

Nope. Eventor is still not released on iOS. It is not a priority right now.

:astonished: