[SOLVED] Email Widget- Project sharing

Hello Team…I have looked in the community posts but have not found a specific answer to my question below. Hence I am creating a new thread.

I am sharing my project and have realized, the email widget is not editable after it is shared. My code uses the email widget to get the email address for notifications.

Is this by design?

Thanks.

Yep,

The project’s sharing has no support for any changes to the widget’s settings on the client-app.

By the way, for what reasons you need changes of the mail on shared client app?

Btw, I did not mention, I am using the app on an ios device.

Example reason is-> to send notifications when a variable reaches a threshold and notify user by email. My code has the email subject, and body and the widget has the email address.

If users cannot edit the email widget email notifications dont get sent out.

It would not be supported in shared mode. Such change of email address in mail widget would cause it’s change on your side too, so you would not receive that email in such case.

Yep, this is something you have to do yourself. For example, you could get user’s email via the Terminal widget, save it on the hardware side and use when needed. We used Terminal in SparkFun Blynk Board example for email input:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/blynk-board-project-guide/project-14-status-emails

You are not limited to the email address in the widget as you can also specify different email addresses directly in the email command… you could have a different target and message for different scenarios if you needed.

Blynk.email("my_email@example.com", "Subject", "Your message goes here");

and even include variable data:

Blynk.email("my_email@example.com", "Subject", "This is the data value: ", dataValue);

Thanks Gunner for your feedback.

My issue is, I don’t want to to hardcode the email address in my code. The terminal widget suggested by Eugene is a good option. I learnt something new about the variable data in the email command. This is awesome.

On a different topic, I am having no luck sending any email’s even if they are sent more than 15 seconds apart and are less than the char. limit. But, that is a different story.

This thread can be closed. Thanks guys.

Understandable… but the point was that you can also use the sketch code to determine the outgoing address, whether “hardcoded” or as a variable from terminal, etc…

Blynk.email(emailAddress, subJect, dataValue);