Been trying for a while to make an LED turn on a Nodemcu (Device 2) when sensor value of other Nodemcu (Device 1) is below treshold.
This is what i did so far:
- I write the sensor value to virtual Pin 8 of Device 1 (I can read this value in app)
- Device 2 runs basic sketch (Blyn.run).
- I add Device 2 to my project in the app.
- I use eventor to turn D7 to value 255 when sensor Value V8 of Device 1 is below 250 (I target Device 2 in Eventor rules)
- This should turn on LED on Device 2, but this is not happening.
If I test the connection between the 2 devices by adding a button, I can control the LED with that button. So there seems to be a “connection” between the app and the 2 devices.
Before I post any code (using tzapu wifimanager making it confusing) I would like to hear your ideas on my above 5 steps: is this the procedure to send a value from one device to another and make an action or am I missing something?
Should I use Bridge function for this?
Appreciate your assitance.