SOLVED - Cannot connect to local server (Win10)

I’m sorry, I know this is such a noob problem and I have searched this forum and elsewhere but not been able to find any suggestions that have worked.

I have launched a local server on my Win10 machine. On the same machine I can access the admin portal (192.168.56.1:9443/admin). However I cannot connect the app, and I cannot access the admin portal on other devices connected to the same network (Win10 laptop/Chrome and iPhone/Safari).

I first assumed this would be a firewall problem, and created a rule to open up port 9443, but this has not made any difference. I also temporarily disabled my AV and FW, but still couldn’t connect.

Any suggestions?

Okay, this could be two untreated things - or not.

With the app, what custom server settings are you using?

On your Win10 server, what do you have in your server.properties file, especially the allowed.administrator.ips= setting.

Pete.

Hi Pete, thanks for the response.

App custom server settings are; IP:192.168.56.1 Port: 9443
server.properties is completely default (the guide I followed did not mention updating this):
“allowed.administrator.ips=0.0.0.0/0,::/0”

Many thanks
PB

That looks okay. I’d try rebooting everything (including your router), making sure your Blynk server is started-up again, and if it still doesn’t work then try digging deeper into the firewall settings.

Pete.

SOLVED.

I changed the IP address in the Custom server details on the app to my computer’s IP address (192.168.0.8), rather than the IP used to access the admin portal (192.168.56.1) and it works. I don’t understand why this is, seems confusing!!